• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 102
Total: 102
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DerynifanK

GM posts. That's a scary thought. Shaking in my boots.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Bynw

Due to the nature of this forum (play by post) game many of the GM type posts are handled actually by the players themselves. Thank you very much for the assistance. However there are times that the GM will step in and nudge things in a particular direction or is it a misdirection.

Some can be minor events such as the weather if the GM wanted to give a few days of thunderstorms in the summer months that would be possible. Making it dark, wet, muddy, and rather miserable for the troops on both sides of the conflict. It could be major events too. Maybe a 2 front war, that happened once already for Kelson. I don't think it will happen here however. The Pax Kelsonus is still happening in the East after all. Its only the Mearan province that is a torn in his side.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Bynw

Although we are playing close to cannon we have of course gone outside of that cannon since nothing has been written for this time period yet by KK herself. Also the game rules are based on Tiny D6 with a large drawing and conversion from the Fudge Deryni Adventure Game rules.

Chapter 9 of the Deryni Adventure Game is the chapter on Magic and how it works in the context of the game. There are few fun paragraphs in that book. Like this one:

Other Secrets
Legends suggest that Deryni of old knew many other magical secrets, that they
could raise the dead, move massive stones, walk the hidden paths between
places (perhaps without use of Transfer Portals), and much more. How much
of this is based in truth and how much is merely legend no one knows. Game-
masters should feel free to create and introduce their own unique spells and
secret magical lore in their Deryni Adventure Game stories.

As a GM, I could have lots of fun bending or even pushing cannon with that and so could the players too.

Evie

Quote from: Bynw on December 04, 2018, 06:17:07 PM

Although we are playing close to cannon we have of course gone outside of that cannon since nothing has been written for this time period yet by KK herself. Also the game rules are based on Tiny D6 with a large drawing and conversion from the Fudge Deryni Adventure Game rules.

Chapter 9 of the Deryni Adventure Game is the chapter on Magic and how it works in the context of the game. There are few fun paragraphs in that book. Like this one:

Other Secrets
Legends suggest that Deryni of old knew many other magical secrets, that they
could raise the dead, move massive stones, walk the hidden paths between
places (perhaps without use of Transfer Portals)
, and much more. How much
of this is based in truth and how much is merely legend no one knows. Game-
masters should feel free to create and introduce their own unique spells and
secret magical lore in their Deryni Adventure Game stories.

As a GM, I could have lots of fun bending or even pushing cannon with that and so could the players too.

I don't think the part I put in bold font is necessarily extracanonical anymore, since I suspect that is what Sir Se does when he pops up in unexpected places without using a Portal. Stefan Coram might have known the same secret.  (Isn't there a scene where Duncan sees Saint Camber vanish before his eyes, yet later on we discover that was actually Coram disguised as Camber?)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Great job, DerynifanK. It is about time Jaxom found something worthwhile to do with his time.  :P
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Great addition DerynifanK. Poor Fiona, I think her head must be spinning.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

HoundMistress

Good writing all! Love the latest addition to the story, DFK! Very well written, indeed.  I assume that before a new piece is added you all discuss it among yourselves to be sure it will fit with the story line and no other characters are moved about in a manner that would not fit well with their own player's plans.

Hopefully, I will be able to remember to join in tonight, since I've forgotten the  last 2 Sundays!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Jerusha

Well done, DeryinifanK!  And now we wait....
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: judywward on December 09, 2018, 09:13:53 AM
Good writing all! Love the latest addition to the story, DFK! Very well written, indeed.  I assume that before a new piece is added you all discuss it among yourselves to be sure it will fit with the story line and no other characters are moved about in a manner that would not fit well with their own player's plans.

Yes, before a scene ever gets posted here, there is usually a lot of behind-the-scenes discussion about the storyline and what needs to happen next, and more often than not there is even a chance to preview and make editorial comments to each others' scenes before the final version gets posted to the forum.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Bynw

Quote from: Evie on December 10, 2018, 09:12:34 AM
Quote from: judywward on December 09, 2018, 09:13:53 AM

Yes, before a scene ever gets posted here, there is usually a lot of behind-the-scenes discussion about the storyline and what needs to happen next, and more often than not there is even a chance to preview and make editorial comments to each others' scenes before the final version gets posted to the forum.

And then sometimes I come along and make a post that just muddies the water up. I love my job!

Jerusha

Excellent, Laurna, most excellent!  The stage is set.....
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Great scene Laurba. Poor Ratharkan always seems to get the worst of these battles. It was set a afire in the first Mearan rebellion. Can't think the people of Ratharkan would have any good feelings about the rebels. Anxious to see what happens next . Hope Kelson's orders reach everyobe soon. Fiona is not very patient. She will want to go with those freeing the manor, even if Jaxom is leading. Could see some clashes there..
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

Swords, shields and helmets. There will be nothing that will contain the excitement of six-year-old boys after receiving these presents!

Maybe the swordmaster should bring in a little extra help.  ;)

Well done, Laurna.  A good reminder that life continues on in Rhemuth.

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Great scene Laurna. Love the birthday party and gifts. Can't think of anything little boys would like more.Am happy for Richenda who at least knows her son  has been freed from his captors and can have hope that he will be restored to her with his mind healed .

HoundMistress

Love this little mood lightener, Laurna! Sorry I missed Chat again last night! I just can't keep my mind on anything these day! I'll have to set a reminder for NEXT Sunday.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.