• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:38:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 153
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 149
Total: 149
Google (5)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Range of St Camber medal

Started by revanne, March 21, 2016, 02:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Assuming two medals attuned to each other how far is the range likely to be?   I have Dhugal in Kilshane in the story I'm currently writing and would rather like Duncan to be in Rhemuth but suspect it's too far.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

I don't know if there's a given range, and it might also partly depend on other factors such as how well trained the Deryni is, the closeness of the relationship between the people using it, etc.  I'd take a look at the scenes with Alaric communicating with Derry and also Duncan and Alaric trying to locate Dhugal and Kelson, then come up with something reasonable based on those examples.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

And how urgent the message is.  If the sender is scared $%^&less, that might increase the range.

revanne

Thank you that's helpful.

I've also finally managed to unearth my codex and several of my KK novels so that's good too.

Not that I have time to write with three major life events in a month; a move, a new job and a major bereavement. But do the characters buzzing around in my head care?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on March 22, 2016, 07:15:22 AM

Not that I have time to write with three major life events in a month; a move, a new job and a major bereavement. But do the characters buzzing around in my head care?

Not in the least. That's typically how my cast of characters behave too! Though hopefully they'll still be on speaking terms with you once the stress dies down a bit. Or they can also be your subconscious' way of helping you find something else to focus on besides your stressors, in which case writing can also be an aid to healing/return to normalcy. Or so I've found, anyway.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!