• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:25:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 132
Total: 132

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Mini-Deryni Chronicles website

Started by Evie, August 27, 2013, 06:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

The "applaud" link under the poster's name would be the forum's nearest equivalent to a Like button, I suppose.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Shiral

When I think about Kelric Aain Morgan, Mentally, I think of Calvin,  if he just happened to be Alaric Morgan's son and heir. Creating 12th century mayhem.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

AnnieUK

I've never actually used that, as I wasn't entirely sure what we were meant to use it for.

And also, since I mostly look at things/reply to things through the "recent posts" I don't see it and it doesn't occur to me to change to the thread to look for it.

Maybe I need to regard it as a "like", "+1" or "favourite" and use it more often. Like more than not at all.

Evie

I tend to use it sparingly so as nor to devalue its meaning for me.  So if, for instance, I really love a story, I'll wait until the final chapter is posted before clicking the Applaud link.  That way I'm not giving one person 20 karma points for a single story and someone else's brilliant single post only one point.

And since I tend to forget that link is there also, I'm off to check if I've applauded (or forgot to)and anyone lately whom I felt had earned it....  :D

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Thanks for letting me know about the applaud link.  I did not know about that before.

I have to say I really love (applaud) the bios for your mini-deryni can not wait to see a new photo-chapter arrive.

Now I know you are at the con so how do you even have time to look at the forum today.  But if you do have time, give us a heads up.  Are you having fun? Have you met with one very important lady? Do tell! 

Keep having a great weekend.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Hi!  Just checking in briefly from the con.  Yes, I've been to the KK events thus far, although unfortunately I don't have any photos yet.  The events are in a different hotel from where I'm staying, so I am waiting for tomorrow to bring the littles with me to KK's reading hour, and I plan to bring the camera to that one.  Hopefully I'll manage to squeeze it into one or the other of the carrying cases.  We also had lunch together and a nice chat yesterday afternoon, and she got to meet Sister Therese, since I had her with me yesterday so she would be available to test fit the new Schola robe I was sewing for her.  (For Tessa, that is,  not for KK!)   KK has sweet talked me into making Rhys and Evaine figures for her, so I might need to get some of you who have read the Camber era books more recently than I have to supply full descriptions of them for me to go by.  (I remember their hair colors, but not eye colors or any distinctive clothing that either of them might have worn, so if there are any descriptions of their clothing in the books--Rhys's Healer badge especially--please feel free to PM me those passages or at least a brief summary!)

Grub is having lots of fun at the con, although she scared me by nearly losing one of her hands (twice!), although I managed to find it both times.  There is something wrong with that wrist peg, and I never know when that hand is going to fall off, so that limits how much I'm willing to let her get out and about.  More of the littles ended up coming with me than I originally planned, so all of the canonical characters are here along with a few noncanonicals.  Since there weren't enough cassocks to go around, Denis is wearing khaki cargo pants and a black shirt with a white priest's collar.  He seems to like dressing informally at cons for some reason.  And yes, Laurna, Briony is here too.

My big "splurge" in the Dealers' Room so far is a long curly wig that's mostly black but with lots of royal blue strands mixed in.  So I might be wearing that with my Schola robes tomorrow.  Looks like wearing weird wigs with that costume is starting to become a trend.   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

My mind's eye now has a vision of Grub's hand cruising around the con as a medieval "Thing" from the Addams Family!  I can only imagine what trouble adventures it will get into.  At least great uncle Denis is there to keep her on the straight and narrow.  Or not!

Rhys and Evaine - excellent idea.  I look forward to seeing these littles.

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Aerlys

Oooh, Rhys and Evaine! About time some Camber-era minis get a turn! How about a Joram, too? (Please?)

I have my Camber series handy (of course), so I'll try to PM you later once my own littles are in bed.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Quote from: Aerlys on September 01, 2013, 12:13:50 AM
Oooh, Rhys and Evaine! About time some Camber-era minis get a turn! How about a Joram, too? (Please?)

LOL!  You do know that these "littles" collectively take up lots of space?  Not to mention how the $$$ starts to add up once you start trying to make an entire cast of characters....  *sigh*  After toting two carrying cases fillled with Mini-Deryni through downtown Atlanta to show them off at the reading today and then bring them back to my hotel later, I feel like my arms have stretched to gorilla length and might fall off at any minute!  The last thing I want is to have to figure out how to juggle THREE cases for next year's con!   ;D

That said, Joram was one of my own favorites from the Camber era books, and I've been thinking it would be nice to have a Camber as well, seeing how integral a part of the overall saga Camber is. 
And at least I could end up using Camber in a Mini-Deryni Chronicles story, whereas it might be difficult to explain Joram's presence in the late 1130s.

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Quote from: Evie on September 01, 2013, 03:50:14 PM

LOL!  You do know that these "littles" collectively take up lots of space?  Not to mention how the $$$ starts to add up once you start trying to make an entire cast of characters....  *sigh*  After toting two carrying cases fillled with Mini-Deryni through downtown Atlanta to show them off at the reading today and then bring them back to my hotel later, I feel like my arms have stretched to gorilla length and might fall off at any minute!  The last thing I want is to have to figure out how to juggle THREE cases for next year's con!   ;D

**Shrugs**

Well, a girl can dream, can't she?  ;) 

Of course you'd need a Camber, but I wonder if you'd need a "normal" Camber, and a more "ghostly" one for his appearances in 1130's.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

It would be much easier to layer in a Camber photo at 50% or more transparency than to figure out how to make a ghostly action figure.

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

I was being facetious.

Although, with your talent, I wouldn't have put it past you.

Hilaire Belloc