• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 04:32:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy Birthday Duncan McLain

Started by Laurna, February 02, 2016, 01:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Happy birthday Uncle Duncan.
May your birthday be filled with sunshine... 
Oh wait, today is not a good day to see your shadow... don't need winter to last longer...
May your day be filled with warm hearths and candles and mulled wine...
And all your extended family greeting you with merry cheers!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Did you just imply our good bishop is a groundhog?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

Quote from: Evie on February 02, 2018, 01:17:00 PM
Did you just imply our good bishop is a groundhog?   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why ever would you think so? No, of course not, Your Grace. But if the sun is shinning, I ask that you stay indoors and don't go hunting for those pesky varmints. We don't want to scare them back in to their holes for another six weeks. 
Happy Birthday Bishop Duncan.

Duncan McLain

Thank you all for the kind sentiments! 

As we don't have your exotic groundhogs in Gwynedd, the humble badger shall have to do, although the tradition of sunny skies during Candlemas being a portent of a longer winter does date back to well before my time. I assure you I shan't be standing out of doors in early February to see if I can spot my shadow or not.  A roaring fire, good company, and a mulled Fianna await once my day's work is behind me.   :)

Duncan McLain

Quote from: Evie on February 02, 2018, 09:19:03 AM

Sigh.   More outlandish clothing for my miniature doppelganger, I see. Don't make me have to excommunicate you, Evie!

;)

revanne

Unfortunately lots of opportunities for shadows in modern day Gwynedd today (or Britain anyway) and the temperature has disappeared back below zero (in centigrade that is).
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

I'd be much more alarmed if that was Fahrenheit, but unfortunately we've become no stranger to below-zero Celsius temps here lately, especially at night.    :(

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Happy Birthday yet again to my favorite bishop, Duncan McLain!  I ordered you a cake:

Um...about that.  I asked for a cake fit for a bishop, but unfortunately the cake decorator didn't know what you look like, so she made it headless!  I didn't discover this until I picked it up this morning. In retrospect, perhaps a headless bishop cake is not the best look for a Deryni bishop who managed to survive being ordained while Bishops De Nore and Loris were still in power.   :-[  At any rate, it's just destined to be cut up and eaten, right? Hopefully your party tonight will go much better than this cake!   ;D ;D ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Perhaps this was modelled after the Bishop of Sleepy Hollow?

Happy birthday anyway, Bishop Duncan!  Enjoy the festivities!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

Love the cake.  It is the collar that counts.

A very Happy Birthday to our beloved Duncan McLain. You age with grace, Your Grace.  Cheers

DesertRose

Happy birthday to our esteemed bishop!
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Happy Birthday and Happy Candlemass, your grace. You hardly look a day over 700!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

HoundMistress

Happy Birthday, Your Grace! I hope you had a good one & will have a good year, too.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.