• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 12:43:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Bishop and the Birthday Girl

Started by Evie, September 01, 2010, 04:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

We'd have to get Renee Fleming in somehow.

Alkari

Yes, I know Elly Ameling is not 'opera' but that is the type of voice I want.  Hmmm - OK then, as an opera singer for Richenda I want the young Victoria de los Angeles  :)  

Yes, the Queen of the Night could be a good analogy for Charissa, though I think we should better think of the icy and ruthless princess Turandot.  In which case I would happily grab Birgit Nilsson!  

Elkhound

As I type this, I'm listening to Cecilia Bartoli.  We have to get her in somehow.  And what about Frika?

Elkhound

Quote from: Alkari on September 05, 2010, 07:47:26 PM
Yes, the Queen of the Night could be a good analogy for Charissa, though I think we should better think of the icy and ruthless princess Turandot.  In which case I would happily grab Birgit Nilsson!  

Perhaps Catriona of Meara, given her willingness to sacrifice her own children, might be a better Queen of the Night.

Evie

Wow, I go off to a con for a long weekend, and come back to a musical education.  I love this Forum!   :D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

Quote from: Evie on September 07, 2010, 11:29:39 AM
Wow, I go off to a con for a long weekend, and come back to a musical education.  I love this Forum!   :D

It is interesting how one thing can lead to another and each step is not that big.  A reference was made to the character's singing, then as to what voice range each had, then to what specific fach, and then whom we would cast in an opera based on the story.  Each step perfectly logical--but we end up completely OT!

derynifanatic64

The banter between Denis and Stefania will be but a prelude for me and my niece in the years to come.  I'm sure that I will have a hard time saying no to her too.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!