• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Camino de Santiago

Started by revanne, May 15, 2019, 01:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Some lovely churches en route
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Such a marvioulous journey and a wonderful feat. And don't for get to tell your feet, Great Job!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Beautiful photos of the churches, revanne.  Thanks so much for sharing!

Of course, I did notice that the glasses of cerveza were no longer full.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Truly beautiful churches, especially the iconography. What an amazing experience!
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Quote from: Jerusha on May 20, 2019, 01:49:22 PM

Of course, I did notice that the glasses of cerveza were no longer full.   ;D

Strange how it evaporates so quickly:-)
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

What an amazing and inspirational trip! Wonderful memories to hold forever.  Your feet should get their own medal for walking that distance. Hurray for you!
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

revanne

Went to evening mass yesterday - in Spanish so I didn't understand the readings or sermon, but my friend and I are both High Anglican (Episcopalian) so the service was very similar to what we are used to. At the end all the pilgrims were invited up to the altar, where the priest asked everyone to say where they were from and then blessed us all with holy water. So many nationalities walking the Way - Europeans, Americans north and south, Africans, Koreans etc, etc.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

That is awesome, Revanne.

revanne

Finished the last couple of miles this morning and am now the proud possessor of a Compostela. In Latin no less.
Also a picture of the Cathedral, which is undergoing extensive restoration work, so the final pilgrim mass wasn't there but in the nearby church of St Francis, which works for me as DD1 is Frances. The high altar pictured is at St Francis, the mass was amazing, standing room only -  - when we sang the Taize chant "Laudate Omnes Gentes" at the beginning the hairs on my neck stood up.
The reliquary contains the bones of St James and there was a very powerful feeling in the shrine. We could have queued to see the bones themselves  - presumably through the bottom of the reliquary but having once had a rather unnerving encounter with the mummified hand of St Margaret Clitheroe, I decided against.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Sorry St James wanted to get in twice. Here's St Francis.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DesertRose

So gorgeous!

And I'm proud of you for doing something you really wanted to do, and grateful to you for sharing your pilgrimage with us!

(I'm still drooling over the calligraphy and art on your certificate ;) )
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Jerusha

An accomplishment you will treasure for years to come.  Thank you for sharing it with us.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Congratulations on fulfilling a wonderful dream. A fantastic trip that will be remembered and treasured for a lifetime. Thanks so much for allowing us to share a bit of it with you.

Laurna

The architecture of the cathedral is absolutely stunning!  St Frances alter is wonderful too.
Thank you so wonderfully much for sharing your journey. I might say as I said on FB, how I still smile at the sight of healthy bare feet coming out of the walking boots. Just as Alaric did in the stories. Proof to me that worthy English Deryni do exist. No cloven hooves here. I hope Duncan managed some healing on those good feet. They did a most marvelous job of getting you to where you wanted to be.

JediMatt1000

This looks and sounds so very cool. I hope that you had a great time!
"Be the change you wish to see."