• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 204
Total: 204
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

I've been a fan ...

Started by JM1776, September 06, 2007, 05:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JM1776

... of Ms. Kurtz's work for over three decades now, and recently recalled something about which I've more than once meant to inquire---assuming she occasionally scans these fora, that is.

Is the Imre/Ariella relationship in any way inspired by/based on/derived from that of Alfonso and Urraca in El Cid? It's gotten to the point that I actually visualize Genevieve Page whenever I envision Ariella, and I'm just curious as to whether my theory has any validity.

Thanks in advance.

Shiral

I can't remember exactly where I read it or when, but I do remember her mentioning that yes, she was at least INFLUENCED by El Cid, one of her favorite movies, in creating the relationship between Imre and Ariella.

As to how often she's on this forum, that I don't know. She  often does come to Sunday Chats though. go to http://www.otherworlders.org/chat/index.html She usually comes around 6 or 7 p.m. Eastern time. You can try tomorrow and see if she comes and get a definitive answer from her then.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Kansas Bear

Good to know KK has excellent taste in movies! 'El Cid' is one of my favorites!

Farm Ur-Ted

I've got nuthin' of substance to add, other than that I, too, have been a fan of KK for 25+ years.  I'm planning to do a full re-read of the deryni books in the next year or so, and am really excited that this forum has been put together.

Cleothyla

Since the 1980's when my best friend at the time gave me the first six books for a birthday present. (I had given her the first three Anne McCaffrey books). Right now, I'm trying to put together a picture of Morgan's Arms of Corwyn in cross stitch. I'm having issues with the border. Is there someone out there that has the blazon? I can't find any of my books with the description. Thanks.

Cleothyla

EvilEd

I was just going to note that we have an OUTSTANDING resturant in our area named "El Cid"... After the movie I'm sure... Seeing as there is a full sized suit of armor in there, and photos of Heston & Loren, and a "model" of the theatre (outside) marque showing the movie and all....

I've been reading since Deryni Checkmate came out!  Though, I do "enjoy" reading much of the Non-deryni stuff more (happier), I've not missed a one.

derynifanatic64

I have also been a fan of Katherine Kurtz since high school (more than 25 years).  Her Deryni and Adept series are masterpieces.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Aquinas

Quote from: Cleothyla on September 26, 2007, 04:03:38 PM
a picture of Morgan's Arms of Corwyn in cross stitch. I'm having issues with the border.
Cleothyla

If I remember correctly it is a tressoir florry counter florry or

Mak

It's double tressure flory counter flory.

Good luck with it.  I've done that thing in cross stitch and it's a bear to work!
-Mak