• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Searching for Mrs. Kurtz's book proposal for original trilogy

Started by dmweade, September 15, 2018, 12:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmweade

Hello all, I have a memory from the early 2000's of running across the original book proposal Mrs. Kurtz wrote to the publisher. I've been thinking about it lately and cannot find a copy on the web, but I may not be doing a good job of searching.

If anyone has a copy or a link, I'd appreciate sharing. It is an amazingly well written example I've wanted to review since so few authors ever share those with the public.

BTW, I assume she shared this text or allowed the publisher to make it public. My memory was finding it linked off an article from Ballantine, which now redirects to Random House.

Thanks

DesertRose

I'm pretty sure that the original novella she wrote that became Deryni Rising plus the proposal for the first trilogy are in the back of Deryni Archives (the collection of short stories written by KK, not the fan-zine of the same name), but due to Stuff in my life, most of my books are in storage at the moment, so perhaps someone else can confirm?
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

r2005

My copy is in a pile of books near me somewhere as I type this out, but I don't have to look at it to confirm that all that stuff is in the book. :D
No matter how you're heart is grieving if you keep on believing the dream that you wish will come true

dmweade

Dug out my old copy of Deryni Archives and it is in there. Not sure I read past the short stories and lists, but probably bought this long before taking up writing. Sadly, it doesn't appear the submission outline is available online so I can't share it with my writing group or list it as a resource.

Thanks,
Daryl