• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133
Google (4)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy Birthday Desert Rose!

Started by Jerusha, January 12, 2015, 05:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, and thanks for all you do for the forum!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

Happy birthday and thank you for all the joy you bring in all you do for the forum :)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Aerlys

A special cake, with Sturts desert roses, just for you!

Happy Birthday, DR!

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

DesertRose

I knew you'd come up with something cool, Aerlys!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

Oh! Desert Rose, I want to wish you a very Happy, Happy Birthday!

And Don't mind if I stick around for a slice of cake, what a lovely cake.

Have a wonderful day.
May your horses have wings and fly!

DesertRose

Thank you, Laurna.  *passes slices of cake around the board*
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Happy Birthday, DR! Thanks for being our "Den Mother."  :D  I see the birthday cake  has already been taken care of, so have a great day, and pamper yourself, a bit!
Hugs,
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DesertRose

Thanks, Shiral.  It's been a pretty good day, except for rainy weather, but at least it's been a warm rain.  :)

My family took me out to supper tonight for steak and then we went to my parents' house and ate the wonderful chocolate cake my mom baked for me.  A friend who shares my birthday called me to say "Happy birthday," and it was nice to hear from her.  I got an absolute boatload of birthday wishes on Facebook, quite a few birthday texts, and several phone calls.  It's been a good day.  :D

Elkhound

DesertRose

Jerusha

I am sure this is a stressful birthday this year, but wanted to wish you all the best anyway.  You do so much for us here on the forum, and we truly appreciate it.

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Totally echo Jerusha's comments -hope you manage to mark your birthday in some good way.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Happy birthday, DR! I was going to send you some Gwyneddan gold sovereigns, but when I went through the Portal to pick them up, I found some Deryni had summoned up a magical creature to guard the treasure. Oh well. It's all yours if you can get to it safely....

--WARNING!!!--