• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:38:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 72
Total: 72

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Casting Call!

Started by Bynw, March 06, 2007, 07:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopCullen

Hang on.  Here's the long list!
Alaric Morgan-John Rhys Meyers
Duncan McLain-Orlando Bloom
Brion Haldane-Brad Pitt
Edmond Loris-Jason Isaacs
Lawrence Gorony-Patrick Stewart
Rhydon/Stefan Coram-Gary Oldman
Thomas Cardiel-Sam Neill
Denis Arilan-Alec Baldwin
St. Camber-Sean Connery
Wencit-Alan Rickman
Bran Coris-Ben Afleck
Queen Jehanna-Nicole Kidman
Richenda-Jessica Alba
Nigel Haldane-Daniel Craig
Archbishop Bradene-Harrison Ford
Charissa of Tolan-Tricia Helfer
Ian Howell-James Callis
Lionel de'Arjenol-he was the voice of Skar in Lion King, also in Die Hard With a Vengence but i'm drawing a blank on his name.
Kelson and Connall should both be unknowns, I agree.

derynifanatic64

Jeremy Irons provided the voice of Scar in "The Lion King" and was Bruce Willis' adversary in the 3rd Die Hard movie.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Coasty

T' answer your Question? I would love to see a movie based on this series! As for the Cast I will leave that to others.

Kelly

I think that Wentworth Miller would be an outstanding Duncan.  He has that quiet dignity that I think whichever actor plays him would need to possess.

Elkhound

Quote from: BishopCullen on November 24, 2007, 10:51:06 PM
Hang on.  Here's the long list!
Brion Haldane-Brad Pitt

Nigel Haldane-Daniel Craig

I thought that all the Haldane men were dark-haired.  Why suggest two blonds?

BishopCullen

hair color can be changed.

Elkhound

morgan

It will be good to have a Deryn movie!! I'm forcing my brain to find some good casting but...I can't imagine someone SO good to play Morgan, eh eh. And don't know lots of the names of actors you named so...let's try!
What do you think about a shaved  ;D Josh Holloway for him? Yes, he's a little older but not so much. Or maybe Paul Walker?
For Kelson, I imagine the Drew Fuller of some years ago.

DeryinOpus

I think that Shia Labof would be great as Kelson, with Harrison Ford as his father.   :)

tenworld

Harrison is too old to be Brian, he could play Camber, Kelsons great--grandfather

Shiral

I like  Harrison Ford, but I just can't see him as Camber, I'm afraid. I'd always be looking for the wookie.  Peter O'Toole, although he's a little old for it now, is more my image of Camber.

But I know the perfect person to play Loris: Ian Richardson, who was the wonderfully awful Francis Urqhart in the PBS series House of Cards back in the nineties. He can play distinguished with an undercurrent of nastiness beautifully.

The person who looks most like Morgan as I see him is Julian Sands. 

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DesertRose

I recently saw Peter O'Toole as a high church man in an episode of "The Tudors" (which I love and if you have Showtime you should definitely check out) and you're right, Shiral.  He's got the right vibe for Camber, if only he were still in the shape he was in ten or fifteen years ago.  He's not aging well, and I pictured Camber as aging quite gracefully, still active well into what was considered old age in the medieval world.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

DesertRose

Oh, and Shiral reminded me of who would make a good Conall Haldane.  Skandar Keynes, who plays Edmund in the Narnia movies.  He does devious quite well, and has the right look for a young Conall.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

lancingboy

I think Chase Crawford would be perfect as an older teenage Kelson. I read this book years ago before Chase was even known (at least by me) and he is very close to how I pictured Kelson at 17-18. As for the younger Kelson, I have no idea.

As for the female cousin of Kelson's that he was suppose to marry, you know, the red head one? I pictured the daughter from the show Grounded For Life as her. And her mom played by the same person who played her mom on that show.

When I read books, I usually write down on a piece of paper which people I imagine as what characters. It's easier to remember characters that way. I'll find one of my Deryni books later on and add onto the characters I envisioned.

Shiral

Quote from: DesertRose on April 29, 2008, 06:47:33 AM
I recently saw Peter O'Toole as a high church man in an episode of "The Tudors" (which I love and if you have Showtime you should definitely check out) and you're right, Shiral.  He's got the right vibe for Camber, if only he were still in the shape he was in ten or fifteen years ago.  He's not aging well, and I pictured Camber as aging quite gracefully, still active well into what was considered old age in the medieval world.

Alas yes, Peter O'Toole is showing the inevitable march of time a bit too much, now. But I still love his face--he looks like a man who's really lived. Which is a must for Camber!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!