• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Happy Birthday, Shiral!

Started by Evie, February 05, 2013, 09:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Aerlys

Happy, happy birthday, Shiral!

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

DesertRose

Aerlys, where do you find these cakes? Wow!! :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Aerlys

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

DesertRose

Laurna

Wow pretty cake! 
I hope those are real flowers and not spun sugar. Truly, I can not tell.
Aerlys, I think this makes you the official pâtissière  for the Duke of Corwyn.

Shiral, please continue to have a most Happy Birthday!
May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Quote from: Aerlys on February 05, 2014, 01:45:14 PM

Happy, happy birthday, Shiral!

Wow, Gorgeous Cake, Aerlys! Thank you. With all those children, how DO you find the time?  ;)
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Aerlys

Quote from: Laurna on February 05, 2014, 02:28:43 PM
Wow pretty cake! 
I hope those are real flowers and not spun sugar. Truly, I can not tell.

I think they are probably gum paste. I have seen some pretty realistic flowers made that way. It's an amazing art form. So yes, feel free to eat the whole thing...except the candles, of course!

Hilaire Belloc

DesertRose

It's a little early in my time zone (and therefore in Shiral's time zone because she's several hours behind me), but I'm going to post anyway.  Happiest of birthdays to one of the original Zipper Sisters!  :D

Seriously, I hope you have a great birthday, Shiral.  :)

Jerusha

Have a wonderful, happy birthday, Shiral!

I'm sure the Duke of Corwyn will be sending along birthday wishes as well, along with a nice bottle of fianna red.   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Aerlys

A very happy birthday, Shiral!

Hilaire Belloc

Shiral

Thank you for the good wishes, everyone! It has been a nice, if not classically birthdayish birthday today. However. I am wearing my new turquoise bead bracelet--my birthday present to me-- right now.

I'm staying at a very pretty bed and breakfast in Oaxaca. I figure all the walking we're doing to and from the center of town must be burning at least some of the calories from our meals.  Especially on the way back, which is uphill. For someone who inconveniently dislikes black beans, beer and avocados-- three staples here-- I'm eating very well!
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Laurna

Happy Birthday Shiral! If your day is a pretty in central California as it is in So Cal, then it is a very pretty day for walking, indeed. I hope you enjoy the bed and breakfast. Very nice!
May your horses have wings and fly!