• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 08:09:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 62
Total: 63
Nezz
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Testing Comics Life 2 and other comic-strip software

Started by Evie, October 14, 2012, 04:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Duncan and Helena test comic by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Just checking out the demo version of Comics Life 2, to see how well it works, if I can run it on my notebook computer with its tiny screen (turns out I can, but it's a PITA), and if it's worth shelling out money for the non-trial version, or if one of the freeware comic strip creating programs would work just as well.  I thought, if I'm going to be doing costumes and props for little dioramas anyway, it might be fun to be able to do the occasional story in online comic book form once I've got enough stuff assembled to do the visuals justice.  At the very least, it would liven up those "Here's what we got while we were out shopping today" updates in the Action Figure Project thread, if the Mini-Deryni could interject their own comments alongside mine!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Jerusha

I hope Duncan doesn't try to remove those "spots" using his Healing talent!  :)

The comic strip would give you a chance to provide a "little" commentary without have to write a full fanfic.  I'm sure Morgan has a few comments he would like to throw in from time to time, and the court gossip could be interesting as the ladies have new gowns fitted.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

No, although he might offer her some of that Clearasil I bought to erase his old head's "puppy dog nose" a few months back.   :D

QuoteThe comic strip would give you a chance to provide a "little" commentary without have to write a full fanfic.

I had thought that as well.  Or I might even try my hand at some short "graphic novel" style fanfics, although those would probably be just about as time consuming as writing regular fanfic, given the need to make or buy all of the props and backgrounds, come up with at least some rudimentary script, pose the figures, take shots of them from multiple angles and ranges, arrange all the photos in comic book style and create appropriate dialogue...I'm getting tired already just thinking about the logistics!   ;D  Though once I get enough mix and match props together and perhaps some generic interior and exterior wall backdrops, it could be fun to do a visual equivalent of a short story that only requires one or two settings and depends more on character interactions rather than action sequences.

Of course, it could also end up being a fun way to just get their opinions on my silly stunts like sticking guitars into their hands or plopping a Jayne hat on their little noggins.  Or Luke's frequent scene-crashing moments.  For that matter, Luke could finally weigh in with his opinion on all the littles invading his house!   

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

I used a Droid phone app to create this one.  Still testing different kinds of comic strip apps and software:

Mini-Deryni Tales by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Testing PhotoScape.  While it has a lot of good, very user-friendly photo editing capabilities, I'm not as certain I like how the speech bubbles work in it.  They're a lot harder to size and place.

Drinking auras by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

After reading the "bubbles" on an angle, I'm not sure I haven't joined our stalwart Deryni on a drinking binge!

But so long as Derry doesn't leap onto one of your new trestle tables and start singing, I think we're OK.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany