• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:42:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Lots of Guests!

Started by AnnieUK, June 24, 2010, 02:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

Hey all you folks visiting us as guests - come and join us and chat a while.  We don't bite.  (Unless you are bots, of course, in which case your conversation might be a bit limited!)

Gyrfalcon64207

When do you chat?  I'm in Spain for another week, and the chats with KK aren't until like 1 am here, so I can't make those.  Do you chat at other times?

Evie

I've occasionally peeked into chat at other times.  Usually it's empty, but on rare occasion I find another person there.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

Hmmm, I meant chat on the boards (sorry, confusing) but happy to chat in chat at other times.  Was going to suggest using chat occasionally, Evie, as you and Alkari and I seem to be PMing a lot at the moment!  Lots of story coordination going on ;) 

AnnieUK

Of course the problem with chat is I am EST +5hrs and I think Alkari is me + 11hrs.  At a rough guess Alabama would be an hour off EST, is that right?

Evie

Yes, I'm an hour later than EST.

--WARNING!!!--

Gyrfalcon64207

Maybe I'm not paying attention, but wouldn't Alabama be EST-1hr?

Evie

If it's noon in Georgia, which is on Eastern Time, it's only 11:00 here in Alabama, which is on Central Time.

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

Being in Australia, the regular Sunday chats are impossible for me :(   Because 7pm EST (USA time) means that it's around 10am on Monday here, and I am at work (unless it's a holiday).  Depending on what I am doing on weekends, I can make Chats on Friday nights and Saturdays, because that puts them on the weekend for me.  And as I am a night-owl, I can often do Chats that end up midnight -2am my time :)

Useful website for chat planning: http://www.timeanddate.com/    The meeting planner lets you put in up to four locations around the world and see the timezones and what's practical.

AnnieUK

OK, so Evie is 6 hours behind me and looks like Alkari is 10 hours ahead.  Not gonna be easy folks LOL.  I might pop in tomorrow night sometime and see if anyone comes to chat.

Would still like to see some of these guests signing up to the site though.

Gyrfalcon64207

Looks like you're all online now.

AnnieUK

Yup, but I'm about to go to bed - work tomorrow and need a bath yet!

BTW gyrfalcon it would be open house, not a private convo.  It's just that we have been PMing each other like crazy the last few days with stuff about ongoing and future fanfics!

DesertRose

Quote from: AnnieUK on June 24, 2010, 03:38:52 PM
Hmmm, I meant chat on the boards (sorry, confusing) but happy to chat in chat at other times.

The problem with that notion is that you can't post to the boards unless you're a member, which means you have to register and be approved (i.e. prove you're not a spam bot to me or another moderator).  We didn't used to do approved membership until we started having problems with spam bots spamming the boards with some pretty nasty stuff.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

AnnieUK

Yes, DesertRose, I was meaning that these anonymous folks could sign up and join in.  I really wasn't being very coherent last night was I?  It was late and I'd had a beer LOL.  It's been nice having a few people posting ideas recently, but the more the merrier, eh?  And there do seem to be a fair few lurkers.

DesertRose

'Sokay.  Everybody has their incoherent moments.  For me, it's when I've been in the rum. :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)