• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 384
Total: 384
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:05:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Thank you for the years of reading!

Started by sunsetdevil, October 05, 2008, 02:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunsetdevil

I'm quite to new to this world of the internet but my love affair with the katherine Kurtz's novels dates back to the 70's when I was quite young and it was her writings that caught my attention and kept me reading to this day. I spent many days of summer curled underneath a maple tree during summer camp, reading the "Camber" and "Kelson" trilogies. I actually had the Camber series in hardback but read them to oblivion. Thanks to her great writing, I too now write and still enjoy her more recent pieces. Wow, thanks for the memories and whoever built this website. I'd love to attend a convention of some sort to meet and discuss such great work. :)

JulianneTK

Hello, there!  There *was* going to be a convention, but it was canceled due to lack of registrations. :(  Still, a few of us will be in Harrisburg PA this weekend with Katherine (Columbus Day Weekend--Friday10th, Saturday 11th, Sunday 12th) at what we're now calling DeryniFest. A visit to the PA RenFaire is planned for Saturday.

We're mostly going to be here:  Holiday Inn Harrisburg
I-83 & PA TURNPIKE EXIT 242
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Hotel Front Desk: 1-717-7742721 | Hotel Fax: 1-717-7742485

For more info and to see the YahooGroups group, go here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DeryniCon/

Blessed be, Julianne

Kelos_al-Hazar

I will be one of those going to it, as is my mother. Trying to track down the hotel site (again) so I can double-check the reservation. Proving to be difficult for some reason.

As with the originator of this thread, I too am a enthusiastic reader of KK's works. (although C.L. Wilson has dominated my reading of late, truth be told!) Most of my hardback copies of KK's works are signed, though I did find one I'll be taking to the gathering. (Won't pester KK to sign it, mind, but would be nice if she did.) I've yet to buy anything past KKB, IIRC, though. (I might also have the first book of the Childe Morgan series, but not sure.)

Being on a fixed income with the ever-escalating prices of practically everything is rough.