• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:00:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Big smile on my face

Started by AnnieUK, July 30, 2013, 01:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

I've engaged the services of an editor to bash my novel manuscript into shape. I was pretty nervous about the process. As many of you know, I'm not wildly good at banishing self-doubt. But she has been making really cool comments about it on her social media.

And just now she posted this.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHGH! Fewer than 10 pages to go in the first pass through Annie's MS and I have to leave to take a child to an appointment. AAAAAAAHHHHHHGH!

I have a feeling I'm going to be cursing when I finish reading -- because I'll want to READ MORE."

Can you imagine how big the grin is right now? It's like this :D

Evie

ROFL!!!  Congratulations, Annie.  I'd take that as official confirmation that your writing is not "pants" and "rubbish," as you keep insisting.   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

I just mentioned book 2 to her (it's nearly ready for her to look at, whenever she has a slot in her work schedule) and her response was.

"YAY BOOK 2!

::cough::

I  mean . . . Sure. We'll discuss that when the time comes."

So I haz a happy.

Laurna

Annie that's fabulous! What a great feeling to have someone else enjoy what you put your heart into.  Looking forward to hearing more about it.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Elkhound

Congratulations!  You are a "real" writer now.

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Fantastic Annie!  I hope it's not to long until we can all read it!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

lenni

Excellent! Congratulations, Annie!

Kathleen/Lenni
(back to lurking)

Alkari

Congratulations Annie -wonderful news!   :D     Look forward to seeing it in print and reading it once published.

AnnieUK

So having tried it out on a sample of board members, it has two thumbs-up out of two. Belief may even be starting to emerge from the fog of self-doubt...

Evie

I am working on growing another hand so I can give it a third thumbs-up.  I'd offer to turn my toes up, but that's a different idiomatic expression, and while it's a very good story, I'm not quite sure it's worth dying for....   ;)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

LOL! I meant I'd had one thumb up from two people, not two thumbs up from one person. And we can't have you turning your toes up, as you have...

*all those part-written fanfics to finish!*

Laurna

Yah! I'm getting more excited for you every day.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Aerlys

Quote from: AnnieUK on August 20, 2013, 03:40:26 AM
So having tried it out on a sample of board members, it has two thumbs-up out of two.

Make that three out of three!  :D
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc