• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 163
Total: 163
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Greetings from an ancient Deryniphile

Started by Raksha the Demon, April 27, 2014, 04:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raksha the Demon

Hello.

I fell in love with Kelson Haldane, and most of the Deryni, decades ago, when I wasn't much older than he was at Brion's death.  I've been following the Deryni books since then, but didn't read much past The Harrowing of Gwynedd until recently.  A few weeks ago, I found The Bastard Prince in a thrift store where I was donating stuff; and quickly bought it and read it - several times.  I took out In The King's Service and Childe Morgan from the library.  I vaguely remember reading King Kelson's Bride once in years past; so I need to get my hands on it again as well as the preceding books occurring after High Deryni.  I have to read Javan's Year, which I never read, though after suffering through Rhys Michael's struggles and death in The Bastard Prince, I'm kind of dreading it.

It was nice to meet Morgan's parents.  Though now, I have to wonder and worry about what become of his half-sisters and other relatives (Zoe's hubby and child) and the amazing Se Trelawny; since they don't appear in the first trilogy. 

I'm happy to have found this forum.

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Raksha the Demon

DesertRose

By the way, if you like, you can pop into the chat room (link at the top of the forum main page).  People are starting to gather and chat, and Ms. Kurtz will probably be in there in about an hour and  a half.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Raksha the Demon

Wow; it's been years since I met Katherine Kurtz.  Isn't technology wonderful? 

Can we ask her questions about the books, or is it just general chatting?

DesertRose

You can ask anything you like; the general guidelines are keep the chat reasonably clean, like US PG13 rating, and other than that, pretty much anything goes.  We talk about the books, we talk about her pets, we talk about any number of things.  :D

Raksha the Demon

What kind of pets does Ms. Kurtz have?  (didn't know she had pets)

DesertRose

Several cats and three dogs.  Pics in the Gallery under KK's Pets.