• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:05:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 110
Total: 110
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Anyone else having trouble italicising words

Started by revanne, April 26, 2016, 08:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revanne

Having trouble italicising words. Is it just me?
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Test

Don't know if the italics button is having a problem since I'm not on my laptop right now, but typing the italics codes into the window seems to work,  at least in preview mode. 

If you don't know the BBCode for italics,  they look something like <i>Words to italicize</i> , except everywhere I've used pointed brackets in that example,  use square ones instead [like these].

BTW, if bold and underline are also having a problem,  the code is the same except you use a B in place of the I for Bold, or a U for Underline.  It shouldn't matter if they are capitalized or lower case,  though I usually type lover case.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

I write my stories on google doc with the itilizied and bolds. Then I copy and paste the whole chapter at one time over to the forum topic page. Then I go through and compare the two documents. I take anything I had Italicized or Bolded on the original, highlight the word or phrase, and then hit the "I" button or the "B" button on the posting tool box. When there is a lot of mental conversation, I sometimes miss things and have to go back and modify the post after I have reviewed it.
You have likely already figured this out, as I see you have posted something, which I can not wait to go read. ;D ;D ;D See you on the other topic. ;D ;D ;D ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

revanne

Thanks Laurna.

I've normally just hit the appropriate buttons but this doesn't seem to work on my new laptop. Evie's method works fine, though

Just a bit of fun for St George's Day.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Quote from: revanne on April 26, 2016, 11:35:57 AM
Thanks Laurna.

I've normally just hit the appropriate buttons but this doesn't seem to work on my new laptop. Evie's method works fine, though

Just a bit of fun for St George's Day.

The italics, bold, and underline buttons seem to work fine for me.  Try it again and see if it might have been a momentary glitch for you. If not, then at least now you know how to type in the code yourself, which is always a handy skill to know.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

revanne

I suspect that some settings on my new laptop are set wrongly but until I have time and inclination to sort them out the other way works fine.
(Psalm 46 v1)