• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 01:15:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 238
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Visionaries--Part Two--Chapter Nine

Started by Evie, January 06, 2012, 09:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

Re: the duel. No, Janos would not have known specifics, but I'm sure there was a lot of speculation (in fact I'm counting on that later in mine!). 

We have a duel where the prize is a country, so pretty high stakes, and only magic to be used - all weapons of conventional sort left outside.  Then a while later all four of one side walk out as fresh as daisies, not a scratch or a singed hair between the lot of them, and the other four are dead.  So those fireballs or whatever else they were chucking about (didn't Charissa and Kelson conjure magical creatures in their duel?) left no mark and none of the winning quartet are so much as injured?  Wouldn't you expect at least a little itty bitty burn on one or two of them? ;)

And yes, only those 4 and the CC were actually there at the site, but there were thousands of soldiers on each side watching from a distance. Just takes one or two grunts shaking their heads in a tavern over a mug of ale saying "and you know, the 4 Torenthi combatants were dead and the 4 Gwyneddans didn't have a scratch on them" before someone somewhere starts crying foul.

So I'm pretty sure Janos, and many others like him, will at least have wondered what happened in there.