• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:10:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 143
Total: 143
Google (3)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

Quote from: Bynw on May 18, 2018, 05:20:38 PM
egads!

It seems that someone else has agents in Kelson's court. Maybe someone working for Oswald so he can get his bride to be ....
[/quote

The foreign dignitary could only be Feyd, but he has a clever plan.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Quote from: Bynw on May 16, 2018, 12:02:30 PM
Feyd has enjoyed the hospitality of King Kelson that is granted to foreign Lords as he has moved amoung the people of Rhemuth, in and out of the castle.

Using his credentials of a Forcinn Lord and Patron of learning, he has spent much time among the academia in and out of the Palace. Haunting both the Royal Library and the schools of the city.

Lord Collos d'Chameaux of Vezaire, as he is called, knows the ins and outs of the Palace. And the best places for an ambush of the young Morgan.

Too bad the Lady Aliset is cloistered in the Queen's Court. She too would be a great prize to bring back. But then again he wasn't hired to bring her to the Grand Duke. So it doesn't matter at all. That is someone else's problem.

No his quarry this time in Rhemuth is Washburn Alaric Cynfyn Mogan. Youngest son of the Late Duke of Corwyn Alaric Anthony Morgan and the brother of the current Duke. Who at this time is on his way to Ratharkin to put down the Grand Duke's rebellion in Meara. But Washburn is safe in Rhemuth.

Can't be Feyd due to the above.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

revanne

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

Oh no.  I have a bad feeling about that scholar. 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DerynifanK

Is this scholar another attacker or an actual  helper.  How can all this go on  in Kelson's castle with all  the Deryni there and no one knows? Where is everyone? This seems to be a  very obtuse group
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Demercia

Trying to remember the name of Duncan's protege priest, and hoping he is in the library.
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

Demercia

Fr Nivard is who I meant.  Still hoping....
The light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehendeth it not.

revanne

I rather doubt that Father Nivard has remained librarian all these years.
(Psalm 46 v1)

revanne

Quote from: DerynifanK on May 20, 2018, 11:03:49 AM
Is this scholar another attacker or an actual  helper.  How can all this go on  in Kelson's castle with all  the Deryni there and no one knows? Where is everyone? This seems to be a  very obtuse group

This is all happening very quickly while Kelson and his council have their focus elsewhere. It doesn't occur to them that the castle has been infiltrated and after all they have had forty years of peace.

I'm not sure whether my latest addition to the story has helped or not, but at least the king's council are now warned.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

Aack! Aliset and Wash were all hoping for rescue. Now Dhugal is being attacked!  This is a mess! And I am sure Valarian is giddy with happiness. That is Valarian could ever be giddy. What is to happen next? I honestly have no idea.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Bynw

revanne

Quote from: DerynifanK on May 20, 2018, 05:26:10 PM
Bynw you have taken all the enjoyment  out of the gane for me, giving all the advantages  a d success to the bad guys. Ir's a HUGE mess thanks to you and not so much fun!
And your addition did not make the story better!!!

Well to be fair, it is a game and not just a story and the dice just fell that way. I'm not happy either, I was trying to help with Dhugal but no-one is dead yet, although Greybeard probably wishes he was.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Jerusha

I went to the cottage for a nice, quiet Victoria Day weekend and chaos is unleashed!  I will catch up... and try to rescue.

-- Old English Litany

Bynw

Quote from: DerynifanK on May 20, 2018, 05:26:10 PM
Bynw you have taken all the enjoyment  out of the gane for me, giving all the advantages  a d success to the bad guys. Ir's a HUGE mess thanks to you and not so much fun!
And your addition did not make the story better!!!

Derynifank, sorry you don't like the recent turn of events. This is a game, and sometimes in games, there are bad dice rolls, bad card flips, bad spins, and bad what ever determines the next move. This is especially true more so in Role Playing Games. The dice are not always in favor of the player characters. And despite how much even the players like their characters bad things can happen to them.

And in the 11 Kingdoms bad things can happen to good people there too. King Brion murdered by the Shadowed One. Rhys's death. King Javan's murder by the former Regents. Lord Derry's mind was taken over by Wencit and his family held him in thrall for years. And that is just a few terrible things that happened. There are more of course.

In the context of a game though, are plans and actions can change on the role of the die. Sometimes for better, sometimes for not. Washburn is alive and there is always the chance of rescue.

DerynifanK

I guess I'M more used to stories, never been involved with gaming before. I appreciate  the explanation. Thanks Revanne for at least one rescue. Poor Wash though, he doesn't seem to have any luck. I will hope for rescue for him.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance