• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 179
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 178
Total: 178
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Wow!!

Started by JediMatt1000, July 20, 2018, 06:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JediMatt1000

I just finished Book 1 of Legends of Camber; and wow...I was a little disappointed with how Imre died; not having the big showdown with Cinhil that I was hoping for; he was a tyrant; everything that Cinhil had said about him in that regards was pretty accurate. I was hoping that the way he died would have fitted the crimes he committed against the innocent.

I do think Cinhil has become pretty "badass" in regards to his own power and strength. I sense some forgiveness he has shown for Camber, Joram and Rhys for forcing the royal mantle upon him and for forsaking his priesthood.

I hope now Cinhil will become more acquainted with his princess. I think it's unfair he has been closer to Evaine than his own wife;

I know I will be completely surprised by book 2; Katherine has a very unique form of writing that fully captivates my attention span and lays down an impressive buildup of plotline before she starts to "execute".

I fully loved the first book and can't wait to start the next one!
Matt
"Be the change you wish to see."

DesertRose

Glad you're enjoying the Camber trilogy!

Just be aware, a lot of the discussion threads were written by people who have read all or most of the Deryni books, so there may be spoilers.  I don't want to discourage you from participating in the forum, of course, but just be aware that There Be Spoilers Here.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

whitelaughter

I confess I found Imre's death highly appropriate - what he did was a mix of  arrogance, bravado and shortsightedness: pretty much what he'd been throughout the book.

Imre didn't *want* to be a villain; but he lacked stature to be anything else.
He had enough brains to get himself into trouble, but not enough to get out; enough glamour to attract others to him, but not enough to cow the treacherous; enough spine to strike down a perceived traitor but not enough to challenge him openly; and so on and so forth.

Term report - this king must try harder. Ah; too late.

Evie

You've just started the Camber era books?  Heh.  Buckle up and hang on; you'll be on an emotional roller-coaster for a while!  LOL!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Lochiel

Enjoy as the Camber series and the Heirs series are my 2 favorites (Javan's Year is my all time fav Book).  I would take DR's advice and not read to much of this forum until you finish. Salutations my friend!
"And as they tread the ruined Isle,
Where rest, at length,
the lord and slave,
They'll wondering ask, how hands so vile,
Could conquer hearts so brave?"
Thomas Moore