• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 04:28:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Joram MacRorie

Started by BishopCullen, April 11, 2007, 11:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenworld

I agree that a 948 book might be too much like watching the 9/11 based movies

but we do need closure.

I would like to see the series end gracefully with a book set sometime after KKB, that tells the story of 948 but within a more positive setting

eg.  Morgan, Duncan and Kelson all finally learn that they are descendants of St camber, Camber's spirit gets to finally rest, and while they wont live happily ever after (this is the middle ages after all), at least they all go on to fulfilling lives. And Arilan gets rid of his smug look regarding "half breeds ;D

derynifanatic64

I would like to see Teymuraz finally brought to swift justice for trying to kill Liam.  However, I would like to have a single novel that takes place in Gwynedd in the 21st Century.  Also seeing if Gwynedd has evolved in a similar manner as our world and how human/deryni relations have been doing in the centuries since KKB.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Gyrfalcon64207

I've read King Javan's Year all the way through several times, and there's something about it that makes me keep reading once I've started, maybe the closure they mentioned.  I get anxious and frantic, and seriously ADD until I finish it, but still I end up finishing it.  The Bastard Prince ends on a ray of hope.  Rhys Michael was naive, but how dense could he be to stay naive after the way his brother died?  And the more immediate things that he saw at the end of that book?  Seriously.
For closure, I also would be curious to read a book on 948, even knowing that Joram and a lot of others were going to die at the end.  The how and the why of it all is what would draw me.  He's the one who survived the persecutions, it would be interesting to see the conflict that finally kills him--as long as it isn't something anticlimatic like dying of plague or old age.

BishopCullen

Knowing the how and the why was the reason i asked this question.

JulianneTK

HI, Mikebell

--your synopsis made me snortle! Thanks!

Marko

I like the idea of a 948 book, but would like to see it from the perspective of Kelson, Alaric, Duncan, Dhugal along with the Servants of Saint Camber discovering what happened.

derynifanatic64

It would have to be the discovery of a private journal by someone who was a chronicler/librarian from that time.  But definitely a interesting idea for a novel.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

lenni

I kept hoping through KJY that maybe Javan would "die" (read disappear) instead of die. He could have had to disappear due to circumstances, but not actually die. Maybe flee to the Michaelines or ...

Hey, hope springs eternal! And I *AM* an optimist!

PS. I'd LOVE to read about a) 948 (or anything about Joram MacRorie) and b) Kelson / Morgan / Duncan / Dhugal discovering that they are (how they are!) descended from Camber / Evaine / Rhys.  :D

ReikiDeryni

It is not about "oh the train wreck" it is about what details lead to the train wreck. it is called fleshing it out. Some of the comments here sound like the Star War fans that hated the prequels. Everybody knew what would happen (for 20+ years) and were mad about the movies because it happened.

Laurna

I enjoyed reading some of the earlier comments, which had been made some eleven years ago.

I agree that though I want to know the happenings of 948, I am not sure I want to read about so many of our remaining characters passing on. Not only do we loose Joram in 948 but we loose Tieg and his wife too.  Although I would dearly love to know more about Tieg's children.

I am picking out this one quote because I thought it was kind of prophetic. Mikebell90 suggested that KK write about Killingford next. That was back in 2008. How cool is that.

Quote from: mikebell90 on January 21, 2008, 12:54:17 AM
Re: 948

Ok, well, just to help out KK, I'll name her next trilogy and novels for her

KillingFord the Trilogy

;)
May your horses have wings and fly!

ReikiDeryni

Haven't been a member of the group for long, but a fan of KK's books since the first series. I happen to stumble upon this post and Joram is such of an enigmatic character/person, as is that time period. Also, I love when she fills in the history of the eleven kingdoms. such a momentous time should be written about

Avisa

Every now and then I reread KJY ad TBP somehow hoping that Javan and Rhysem will survive, and I keep being disappointed and sad. That's good writing, eh?

I do think that new books ought to cover something more properly unknown - hasn't Orin and Jodotha been put forth as a possible topic? Or I'd love to read something that takes place after KKB, which was actually the very first Deryni book I ever read.

DerynifanK

I agree that I would love to see something after KKB, to tie up a lot of loose ends and to see how KK sees what becomes of Gwynedd and all the characters we love. Maybe something like a Jubilee celebration for Kelson's reign
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Marilyn

I, too, would dearly love to read something about Orin, Jodotha and the magic that was lost by Kelson's time.  That has fascinated me for years.
Maryse

Kareina

Quote from: Marilyn on October 25, 2019, 02:38:41 AM
I, too, would dearly love to read something about Orin, Jodotha and the magic that was lost by Kelson's time.  That has fascinated me for years.

Me too!  Not only how the magic of that time would have been better understood/more developed than at the start of Kelson's time, but at the same time the tools and technologies commonly used wouldn't have been.
--Kareina