• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:15:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

In Pulverem Reverteris

Started by Evie, June 10, 2010, 04:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Quote from: AnnieUK on June 17, 2010, 01:41:34 PM
ETA been to look at "Duncan" and I see him as darker, but that version is pretty gorgeous.  Eyes are amazing and the slight smile on the mouth.  OK, leaving the thread before you convert me and I start having improper thoughts about a priest!

LOL!

Yeah, I want to play with Duncan some more (wow, talk about a phrase that could be taken out of context!) and see if I can keep a similar facial structure but go darker with the hair.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Quote from: AnnieUK on June 17, 2010, 02:01:44 PM
*** sits on hands to avoid typing a smutty reply ***

*blinks*

*scrolls up*

*facepalms*  

Difficult, dear.  Difficult!

:D

But here's what I've managed thus far for Alaric, and I think I've at least got the eyes the right color:

--WARNING!!!--

AnnieUK

Evie, I had to go and do something else for a while as DD was demanding to know why I was killing myself laughing with tears falling down my cheeks.  She wasn't taking "you wouldn't understand" to be a satisfactory answer.  (And I meant that both on the "you haven't read the books" and the "I really hope you wouldn't understand" levels!)

So I've just spent a while racking my homemade wine.  Reading Deryni books is bad for my liver as all those subliminal "drink more wine" messages keep on seeping through.  All the ones I have on the go at the moment are white though, so I am waiting for the blackberries to be ready on the heath (first ones in about 6 weeks I reckon) to make some nice reds.

The Alaric picture is good.  He's not 100% my Alaric, but he's close enough that I find it difficult to be picky about it.  Hair definitely needs to be blonder though.  I've had a go at doing one of my own and haven't got one I'm happy with.  I'm sure KK somewhere described him as square-jawed, which is what I struggle with as I picture him with a thinner face and quite high cheekbones. 

Evie

Homemade blackberry wine?   Yum!

Yeah, "my" Alaric has much lighter hair also, but that's one of the limitations of morphing from a database that has few blond men in it, and the few who have lighter coloring don't have ultra-light hair.  I thought about trying to blend in some golden blonde female faces, but usually when I try that, I end up either with disastrous results (Alaric the cross-dresser, anyone?  Anyone?), or at best, with unnaturally pretty boys.  At 30 and up, let's hope Alaric has moved from pretty boy to handsome man!

Oh!  I added more pictures to my ANAMCHARA Gallery!

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

I am going to "play around" later if I can - but you might try using some pics of David Wenham as the basis for Alaric.  Like this one:  http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hpgX-yqoglg/STL-NFIKeDI/AAAAAAAACgE/pyVbG8fSPXw/s400/dave+3.jpg.  

Or perhaps this:  http://www.giantkillersquid.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/david-wenham-as-mychael-753485.jpg

Suggestion:  Should we put this morphing series and the images to a totally new thread, rather than put them onto one relating to fanfic?  I'll start one up ...

Evie

Quote from: Alkari on June 17, 2010, 05:23:11 PM

Suggestion:  Should we put this morphing series and the images to a totally new thread, rather than put them onto one relating to fanfic?  I'll start one up ...

There's already one in the Deryni Movie board.  I called it "Create-a-Deryni" or something like that.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: Alkari on June 17, 2010, 05:23:11 PM
I am going to "play around" later if I can - but you might try using some pics of David Wenham as the basis for Alaric.  

You mean something like this, Alkari?

Well, I'm used to thinking of Alaric as clean-shaven, but he does have a beard in that scene when he and Duncan are traveling incognito through Jennan Vale.... 

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Quote from: AnnieUK on June 17, 2010, 03:34:37 PM
Evie, I had to go and do something else for a while as DD was demanding to know why I was killing myself laughing with tears falling down my cheeks.  She wasn't taking "you wouldn't understand" to be a satisfactory answer.  (And I meant that both on the "you haven't read the books" and the "I really hope you wouldn't understand" levels!)

So I've just spent a while racking my homemade wine.  Reading Deryni books is bad for my liver as all those subliminal "drink more wine" messages keep on seeping through.  All the ones I have on the go at the moment are white though, so I am waiting for the blackberries to be ready on the heath (first ones in about 6 weeks I reckon) to make some nice reds.

The Alaric picture is good.  He's not 100% my Alaric, but he's close enough that I find it difficult to be picky about it.  Hair definitely needs to be blonder though.  I've had a go at doing one of my own and haven't got one I'm happy with.  I'm sure KK somewhere described him as square-jawed, which is what I struggle with as I picture him with a thinner face and quite high cheekbones. 

Hmmmm, Viggo Mortenson comes pretty close in facial terms to being a good Alaric, or at least, coming close to my mental image of him.  As for the hair, it definitely needs  to be lighter, but a touch of Photoshop could  help with that....

Hmmmm..

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Alkari

I posted "my" Alaric on the Movies thread.  I tried using Viggo, but the best one I got was David Wenham + Daniel Craig.  Alas, both the pics on the morph site had stubble, so I need to see if I can get both of them clean-shaven, with slightly blonder hair.   I'm not very good with manipulating images, and don't have Photoshop, so maybe someone else can have a go? 

Richenda is the next on the list. :)

Evie

I tried my hand at a Richenda, and even saved a few of the pics, but my attempts tended to turn out with hair either with no visible red at all, or too red.  I couldn't seem to achieve a good "red-gold." 

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Quote from: Shiral on June 17, 2010, 05:48:17 PM

Hmmmm, Viggo Mortenson comes pretty close in facial terms to being a good Alaric, or at least, coming close to my mental image of him.  As for the hair, it definitely needs  to be lighter, but a touch of Photoshop could  help with that....

Hmmmm..

Melissa

Isn't VM a little too old?  Morgan is a fairly young man, and VM is about 50 isn't he? As for the hair--a bottle of peroxide will do wonders.

Evie

BTW, in case someone who liked this story hasn't discovered it yet, my story "Lady-in-Waiting" is about the same unnamed girl in this story (she has a name now!), and it begins a few months after this one, shortly after Kelson & Dhugal finally return from their ill-fated quest for Saint Camber's relics.  I'm trying to fill in those three years between QFSC and KKB.   :)

--WARNING!!!--

JastaElf

This is lovely, Evie.  Thank you for sharing it!  :)

Evie

Thank you for reading it!  This was only my second Deryni fanfic, but still one of my favorites, and probably the one that works best as a stand-alone story, since I tend to write in story arcs rather than solo works.

--WARNING!!!--

AnnieUK

Wait? What?

Jasta?

JastaElf is on the boards?

Squeeeee!!! *sets out Jasta traps to keep her here!*