• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Ok, what should I roll for the enemy, 1d6 advantage  1d6 advantage focus, or 2d6? Can anyone answer me  quickly, I am nearly ready to post.
Jerusha, I am going to roll for the pursuer aimed at Wash, I am going to let you roll for the one aimed at Darcy.  I do not want to be responsible for that roll. ***heavy sigh***
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

They are aiming for people who are galloping away from them and quite likely veering somewhat in their course to make themselves less easy to hit (or at least Aliset would be).  Since the horses are facing away rather than broadsides towards them, they would also be a narrower target.  And if we are leaning forward over the horses to help increase speed, we are also smaller targets. I would say give them a disadvantage (1d6).
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Laurna

My heart is racing as I make this roll.

Laurna

Curse those illegal Torenthi dice. The only 6 I have rolled in days and it for the enemy.  :'( :'(

We are going to die

Evie

Thank God we sent our Healer on ahead of us, because we're sure going to need him!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

AACK! another 6. Evie, that is so wrong!

Bynw, I don't suppose in the coming scenes that there is any possibility for Wash to discover a hidden family Healing trait to help augment Father Columcil's (hopefully) successful uses of his talent.

I don't know how many Hit points Wash is down to. Two hits taken. but do I have to subract off a hit point (or two) for riding hard before getting help.

Bynw

Quote from: Laurna on January 09, 2018, 02:00:35 PM
AACK! another 6. Evie, that is so wrong!

Bynw, I don't suppose in the coming scenes that there is any possibility for Wash to discover a hidden family Healing trait to help augment Father Columcil's (hopefully) successful uses of his talent.

I don't know how many Hit points Wash is down to. Two hits taken. but do I have to subract off a hit point (or two) for riding hard before getting help.

Well to get an extra Trait is gonna cost a Hero Point. And it would be at a Disadvantage.

It's 1 HP per successful attack unless something says otherwise. Additional damage is up to you.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Jerusha

OK, it might seem a little odd for Darcy to be carrying Lord Alister, but he is a bit guilt ridden at the moment.  I contemplated Aliset not being able to hold her disguise due to pain and shock, but I didn't feel I should take that dice roll on Evie's behalf. If you think I should, I can do so and add that little bit in.

This is probably Darcy's only chance to exhibit such gallantry.  And Washburn is in no position to object.
  ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

In the books (and the Deryni RPG), apparently shapeshifting doesn't really have an energy cost to maintain once you've changed shape, just to change the shape in the first place, though we've already seen exceptions to that in this story, and it's also possible that Aliset is drifting in and out of consciousness right now, so that could affect matters.  I'll go ahead and roll for it.  With my rotten luck, I'll probably roll double 1s and shift into a toad.  ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Their disguises are probably a lost cause by now.  I doubt that Darcy's hood has managed to stay up, so his untonsured head is clearly evident.  And whoever is assisting Washburn to get to where they are going might wonder at the presence of chain mail beneath a monk's habit.

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

LOL!  Yes, plus they've lost their usefulness anyway, since our pursuers clearly aren't fooled by our disguises anymore, nor are they at all fooled by Aliset taking on male form, so that's more for the sake of her reputation than a true disguise at this point.  I suppose whatever guise they decide to adopt when they attempt to sneak out of the village will need to become a topic of conversation between them at some point.  You think we can talk Sir Washburn into dressing up as a nun?   ;)  ;D  ;D  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

BTW, I have Darcy carrying Aliset away from the gatehouse primarily because I figure our heroes would seek out somewhere a little more sheltered than right in front of God and everybody to start doing stuff like attempting Deryni Healing, etc.  Not to mention Aliset has suddenly turned from a young man to a young woman.  Her loose robes might help prevent that change from being too obvious, but hopefully no one was studying her face too closely just at that moment!  LOL!

I am guessing that this is a monastic village that is part of the abbey's estate (i.e., these villagers live and work on monastic lands and support the abbey with their tithes).  If so, then it could be that the walls encircle the entire estate, or at least the most populated portion of it, and the actual abbey is just on the other side of the village.

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Rats -I've just lost my draft and am too tired to post again tonight but the good news is that I have a dice roll which will enable Columcil to heal Washburn. I'll  try again tomorrow  -about 3 am EST.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Evie

Oh no! If that happens often, you might want to consider composing the reply in Google Docs (since it auto-saves) and then just copying and pasting it into the game thread. That way even if the forum eats the post, you can try again, and if it's a finger fumble that closes your window before you're done writing, the auto-save feature should let you pick up where you left off.

--WARNING!!!--

revanne

Thankfully it hasn't happened since we have had the draft facility. I blame Torenth myself.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)