• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Quote from: revanne on August 26, 2019, 03:17:32 PM
Amazing writing - I'm getting worried by those storms now!

OH MY!  Revanne, I have to Repeat that.  OH MY!
May your horses have wings and fly!

DerynifanK

Revanne, you are amazing, how can you keep stretching this out and keep it so suspenseful? Where did you learn your torture tactics? Really hoping for a resolution soon!!!
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

HoundMistress

Nice addition, Revanne! Seems the disaster of the Torethi fleet has not endeared the masters to their troops & sailors. Interesting about the appeal to St Camber. May he grant the prayer!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

revanne

Just trying to give some different perspectives to keep it interesting  ;)

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

You are truly a master of suspense and keeping things interesting.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Jerusha

I think you have mastered interesting!  Well done, and anxiously awaiting more to come!
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

The kettle is coming to a boil!!! Hope it only spills on the bad guys! You all really need to ask KK about publishing this because it's really, really good! If she doesn't have any plans to write herself that far into the future of Gwynedd, she might very well approve it and maybe even help getting it published. Just ask at least, when it's all done.
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

Bynw

since the format is a game and not technically fanfic we are taking a few liberties to what we are allowing. but still she might like it.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Laurna

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Judy. In truth we have all let the idea that KK will ever look at this pass by. We don't want to influence her next great works of literary art. That is not why we are playing/writing. Rather we are doing this because we enjoy the comradeship of putting this together. It is fun to flesh out ideas with other people. Some times we do a lot of back stage plotting before anyone writes. And sometimes someone will just write something out of the blue that takes as all by surprise and we are like- WOW! I didn't see that coming! There is a lot of enjoyment in the challenge. I love finding the inspiration in myself to keep up with everyone's ideas, and sometimes I even like pushing it along. 

DerynifanK

Laurna does a great job of pushing us along and keeping us on track. As I've said before, a lot like herding cats sometimes. But plotting and writing with this group is a lot of fun. They all have the most amazing ideas. I do hope that at some point KK will look into the future of Gwynedd and all the characters we love and tell us what she envisions for them and the eleven kingdoms.

Jerusha

I'm not sure if it's herding cats, chasing cats, or running from them!  But it's all fun.  (Though when Launa wrote that Darcy was shot in the back with a merasha cross bolt, it did cause me a moment of panic!)  Keeping the story alive for this long is truly awesome, and we ain't done yet!  ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

But you have it wrong.LOL  I am not a cat herder. Bynw is the Cat Herder. He is the one who keeps a bag full of cat nip and places them at select intersections to keep us moving in one direction. Even when we veer off into an entirely different direction he leads us back.

DesertRose

@Bynw did you hear that?  You have a new job title.

;D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Bynw

Yes all GMs are really just cat herders.
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

DerynifanK

Many thanks to Laurna for her help with Valerian's escape attempt. The idea to try to turn the storm against Javan and his army was hers and I really appreciate her ideas.