• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 384
Total: 384
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 03:56:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of Character (OOC) Thread

Started by Bynw, September 01, 2017, 02:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Quote from: Jerusha on January 19, 2019, 04:29:17 PM
Just stirring up the pot a little, Laurna?    ;D

(Well done!)

I have to give it a stirring at least once a week or it might curdle and go bad.  LOL
May your horses have wings and fly!

HoundMistress

2 great additions to the story. Having had the crud for a week now, I hadn't seen the first piece. Love them both! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Judy Ward
You can buy a pretty good dog with money but you can't buy the wag of its tail.

HoundMistress

I'm not sure I will make Chat tonight. Going almost 200 miles to pick up our new Rescue dog, Quanah. KK may remember our original Ridgebacks were mixed with Lab & their names were Tsin'tia & Quanah. Now we will have a Quanah II as well as our own Tsin'tia II.
Judy Ward

HoundMistress

Thanks everyone for welcoming our new boy! DF that is a nice piece of writing!! The plot thickens!
Judy Ward

Jerusha

Nice to get a view of what's happening at the manor, DerynifanK.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

HoundMistress

Nice additions to the furtherance of the tale, ladies! Good to read good writing first thing in the morning. Here in Texas, that is.
Judy Ward

Laurna

Oh dear, Oh dear! Lady Fiona's poor guardian, Baron Mac, is in need of help. I most certainly do not like this Drago person.
Good job, DeryniFanK.

Jerusha

Michael may now realize that the promised rewards come with a price.  Will it be one he is willing to pay?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

revanne

Lovely additions both.

Thank you Laurna for writing Columcil so well.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

Laurna

You're welcome, Revanne.
I will never get how to use that border Brogue of Columcil's. LOL I think I need a trip to Scotland to learn it. Won't that be a great excuse to travel.

DesertRose

Quote from: Laurna on January 27, 2019, 03:04:15 PM
You're welcome, Revanne.
I will never get how to use that border Brogue of Columcil's. LOL I think I need a trip to Scotland to learn it. Won't that be a great excuse to travel.

Writing dialect is a tough one.  Even a lot of English majors struggle with it *coughMecough*, and I think you have an excellent grasp on Columcil's general demeanor and behavior; we can fill in the accent.  ;)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

revanne

You gave the hint of it and got his character right which is what matters.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46 v1)

DerynifanK

Love the disguise but wonder how hard it will be for Brendan to turn his hair red again  when he no longer needs it.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

Laurna

use of some henna may help. but not completely. Fortunately he has shortish hair, finger length, so he will just have to let it grow out. He might find he has more grays as it grows out than he thought he had, as the grey will show up more strongly against the dark brown than it would have against the red.

HoundMistress

LOL! Yes, Brendan might find out he's older than he thinks when he sees his grey hairs!
Judy Ward