• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 477
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 88
Total: 89
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 24, 2024, 11:17:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

KK's comment about Morgan and Duncan learning their ancestry

Started by tenworld, August 27, 2012, 08:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenworld

I was disappointed to see KK's comment in this week's log that she may never delineate how they are descended from Camber.  I hope at least she writes the bit where they learn they are Camber's great...grandchildren, if for no other reason to see the reaction from Arilan and the other CCers.

derynifanatic64

I wouldn't mind seeing Arilan's reaction.  Seeing Denis Arilan annoyed is one of my greatest pleasures in life.  But if we never find out how they're related to Camber--If we do, we do.  If we don't, then we don't.  If Vivienne were still alive, she would probably have had a major fainting spell.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Evie

Actually, if the CC keeps track of Deryni bloodlines as much as they're reputed to do, I would think Vivienne would already be aware of the connection to Camber, or at least suspect it.  If they followed anyone's descendents down the line, it would have been Camber's.  But since Alyce and Vera committed the "Unpardonable Sin" (in Vivienne's mind) of marrying humans rather than Deryni, she'd still consider Alaric and Duncan to be "half breeds" despite their distant MacRorie origins.  If anything, she might hold the "watering down" of Camber's bloodline to be even more unpardonable than "diluting" some lesser Deryni family's pedigree.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

tenworld

I think the only way to make it work is if Deryni with the ability to flip the switch are blurring memories of Vivienne and others.

BalanceTheEnergies

Quote from: tenworld on August 27, 2012, 08:10:40 PM
I was disappointed to see KK's comment in this week's log that she may never delineate how they are descended from Camber.  I hope at least she writes the bit where they learn they are Camber's great...grandchildren, if for no other reason to see the reaction from Arilan and the other CCers.

Well, I'm not canon or anything, but I propose to have that in a sequel. (I think there should be eight films, starting with Rising through KKB plus one.) I've been meaning to post the plot outline here, but real life intrudes--surgeries and hospital stays and on death in the family this year, and now I have to pack up and move. I have found the notebook (sadly, I wrote in pencil, and it's difficult to make out) but I'm trying to get it into a digital format.

Hints: Evaine...Transfer Portal...Joram...palimpsest.

BalanceTheEnergies

bronwynevaine

"Coins of Memory" fanfic has Morgan--and Duncan by association--descended from Rhys and Evaine's son Tieg. I imagined the were descended from Jerusha, the baby Evaine left in Fiona's care. She could have been brought up outside of Gwynedd. (I can't check my Codex, it's packed away.) For her protection and that of her caregivers, she could have had her name changed. It could have even have been claimed that Evaine's child was stillborn or died in infancy.
I don't just march to the beat of a different drummer...I dance to a beat no one else can hear :)