• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 378
Total: 378
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 04:24:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fun "Virtual Paper Dolls" website with historical and GoT options

Started by Evie, June 27, 2012, 01:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

While trying to look up pictures of 12th Century clothing, I stumbled across this website:

http://www.dolldivine.com/

So far I haven't found a way to design 12th Century clothing on it, but I was able to use the the Tudors Scene Maker to come up with something approximate for Queen Araxie in full Royal Court regalia:

There's also a Game of Thrones scene maker game on there, and possibly some others I could use to cobble together some fantasy-historical 12th-Century-ish sorts of pictures of other Deryni characters as well.  But I thought some of you might enjoy playing on the website as well, so I figured it deserved an OT thread here.  Just be forewarned, if you want to save any pictures of your hard work and/or link to them here, you'll need to register on the website first.  Don't worry, it's free.  (At least for basic membership; there might be a charge for premium membership, but I've not looked into all that yet.)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Is that the Ring of Fire that Kelson is wearing?   :)

For some reason, I've always had the impression that men tended to wear signet rings on their index fingers. I believe Morgan did with both his gryphon ring and his Champion's ring.  Would Kelson do the same with the Ring of Fire?

Not that it really matters - I like the Kelson portrait.  I can picture both this and Araxie's hanging somewhere in Rhemuth Castle.   :)

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

He might wear it on his index finger; I'm not sure.  I know it's unlikely he'd wear it on his middle finger, at least in Tudor times (specifying that since this came from a Tudor doll generator, though come to think, I don't know if that custom goes back to the 12th C. or not).  If you look at Tudor (and I think Elizabethan?) portraits, you see rings worn on the other fingers, but generally not on the middle ones.  There's some reason for that, but I've forgotten what it was.  In some periods rings were also sometimes stacked, and/or worn closer to the middle joint of the finger rather than at the base of it.

There really wasn't a signet ring option in the group of choices (that I remember seeing, anyway), so maybe that's just one of his Court jewelry pieces, and the Ring of Fire is stashed for safekeeping along with the Crimson Lion?   If you look carefully, though, I did try to put the Eye of Rom on his earlobe.  Not sure if it's the correct earlobe, but it's the only earlobe visible in the portrait.  :D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Here's an Alaric.  I picked the palest blond shade I could find:

He's starting to emerge from the strict darkling phase, I think, so he's added some touches of Corwyn green, though he still favors black as a main color.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

And here's Richenda.  Since she's often (usually?) depicted in blue, I have her wearing a blue and gold gown, perhaps saved from her days as the Countess of Marley, although she also has a few small touches of Corwyn green here and there in her new jewelry from Alaric.  I went as light red as the portrait generator would let me go, since "golden candlelight" doesn't seem to be an option on its palette.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

One more for the day.  For some odd reason there's no option in the picture generator to dress a figure in Bishop's robes (yeah, what a huge oversight, huh?  ;) ), so here is Duncan during the brief period when he was both a Bishop and Duke of Cassan.  He's dressed for his ducal role, but if you look closely at the ring on his finger, it has a purple stone.

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

Quote from: Evie on June 27, 2012, 05:13:59 PM
Here's an Alaric.  I picked the palest blond shade I could find:

AAACK!    He looks like that little s***  Joffrey from Game of Thrones!  :(   no, no, NO!!!   *runs away in horror* 

Evie

LOL, Purely coincidental, I assure you,  as I've only seen one episode of GoT and I don't recall Joffrey in it.  Though you"re welcome to create your own version of Alaric and post it here. The more,  the merrier!  :D

--WARNING!!!--

derynifanatic64

Great pictures!!  And speaking of Joffrey from GoT--consider him a very young version of Imre--just my opinion.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Evie

And one more for the night.  I had to cheat a bit on the hair....

There wasn't a Border braid style to pick from, so I had to pick one of the longer looking hairstyles and then add a bow at the nape to give the illusion that the hair is bound below that and that the braid continues out of sight of the viewer.  The trews are meant to show the Transha colors, which IIRC are gold (as in harvest gold, not metallic gold), black and gray.  The same colors are echoed in his jerkin.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

At east this hobby is less expensive than 'real' doll making!  :D

derynifanatic64

Quote from: Alkari on June 29, 2012, 05:40:20 PM
At east this hobby is less expensive than 'real' doll making!  :D

I think you meant to say "At least this hobby is less expensive that 'real' doll making!"
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!