• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:17:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 105
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95
Total: 95

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Lover of Shadows

Started by Adam, December 22, 2007, 10:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

I realize that Ms. Kurtz has always seen her world her way, as well it should be, however I just love the Christian-Richard Falkenburg character and how well story fit into the published storyline at the time and am sorry that he didn't get a mention in the codex even as rumoured acquantaince of Charissa's.

Did anyone else like this short story?

Lynxany

Yes, I've always loved the story too.  I really like the different look it gives us of Charissa.  And I love the writer's voice as well.

History is written by the victors.  I've always been interested as how 'villains' were seen by their compatriots.

derynifanatic64

Deryni Archives is a book of short stories that takes place between Camber's to Kelson's time.  Among the stories is "Legacy".  This story takes place in Torenth right after Brion's Duel Arcane with Hogan Gwernach (The Marluk).  Charissa is a main character in this story.  As Hogan's daughter, she is shown in a sympathetic light because she saw her father die at Brion's hands.  We also see the beginning of her hatred for Alaric because he helped a human against a deryni.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Elkhound

It goes to show that there are at least two sides to every story.