• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:14:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 151
Total: 151
Google (4)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

The Hagios Project

Started by Shiral, March 29, 2012, 04:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiral

You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

Oh, wow, that's really starting to come together!  And I'm glad you've got such good building inspectors to supervise your progress.   ;)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Alkari

That's looking awesome.    The blue colour almost seems to glow with the goldagainst it.

And I do hope that Cat & Co building inspectors will eventually provide you with an appropriately paw-printed certificate of completion  :D

Jerusha

I agree with Alkari - the blue and gold create such a rich look. It's beautiful work.

Does the final inspection by Cat and Co come with a "no mouse" guarantee?  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

Evie

Brava!  *loud applause*  I trust that your furry building inspectors are equally pleased with it as well?  :D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Beautifully done!  Thanks for sharing this from start to finish.  :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

DesertRose

Nice work, Shiral!  Very pretty.  Festil has been following this project too, and he was wondering why Hagios Iob, of all the buildings in KK's world.  (Not that he's complaining, mind you; his favorite book in the entire series is KKB because you get a good look at Torenth in there, but he was just curious as to what inspired you.)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

I was believe it or not, inspired to start this by a paper Christmas ornament which I thought was the perfect shape for the central dome on a Russian Er, Torenthi Orthodox church. I was quite pleased by the effect as the project progressed.

When I start these projects, I'm almost entirely inspired by the aesthetics; I'm not currently a member, nor do I plan to join the Orthodox church.  :D

I just like the aesthetics of Russian sacred architecture. I the swirls and the curves of that style. And I liked the image of the gold stars against the blue that KK talked about in KKB; blue and gold has always been one of my favorite color combinations. 
Thank you  all for indulging me with attention and comments on the Hagios Project!

Melissa

Evie

Thank you for sharing it with us!   :)

--WARNING!!!--

kirienne (RIP)

Shiral, that is simply AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DesertRose

Ah, I see.  Festil and I went and visited our local Greek Orthodox church last summer, and we keep meaning to go back, because the people there were really awesome, but it's been an issue of other stuff to do on Sundays *coughsleepcough* and we just haven't gotten back over there.  I have a thing for Orthodox sacred architecture too, but I'm not quite that artistic.  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Shiral

Thank you one and all. I just want to tell everyone that pictures of the Hagios are now posted in the Rhemuth Castle Fan Projects Gallery.

Melissa

Shiral

Quote from: Shiral on March 29, 2012, 04:23:29 PM
Below, please find the link to my Googledocs presentation concerning the construction and progress of the Hagios Iob.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Nzxx-qYV9w37W-GTNqg3E2QWjoY1IljijgI_BKvQuOM/edit#slide=id.g3413f68_1_2

And no, I haven't made it any little outfits..... =o)

Melissa

Update: I now have a Youtube Channel! Find my Hagios Iob-related latest effort here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdVQPOJVNKQ

Still no little outfits, though! =o)

Melissa