• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,568
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 51
Total: 51
Google
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 11:26:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

Sounds like Merlin and my stepfather.  My stepdad can't do a darn thing without that cat following him.  If he takes a nap in the recliner, there's Merlin in his lap.  If he goes out to the garage to work, there's Merlin, getting underfoot.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Elkhound

Anent typing, could you get Dragon or some other dictation softwear?

Elkhound

Quote from: DesertRose on November 20, 2013, 04:37:06 PM
Sounds like Merlin and my stepfather.  My stepdad can't do a darn thing without that cat following him.  If he takes a nap in the recliner, there's Merlin in his lap.  If he goes out to the garage to work, there's Merlin, getting underfoot.

PurrPuss was like that for my father. 

Evie

I'm not sure how helpful the Dragon software would be, since at work my typing is either work related (and therefore generally dealing with confidential information,  since I work at a counseling center) or hobby related,  which means I wouldn't want to dictate it over a microphone while sitting at my desk in the lobby/waiting room of our office suite.   And at home,  I rarely have much writing time aside from late nights and weekends, and since the computer there is next to the living room,  either I'd interfere with others' TV viewing or they'd interfere with my concentration.  Though if I were single and childless,  or had a private office,  I could see that being an asset.  My former boss tried the software and liked it,  but she had a remote office with a closed door,  so she had no privacy issues with using it.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Aerlys

Aww, Evie! Six weeks?! **Gentle hug to prevent hurting shoulder more** You're resourceful and motivated enough to find a way to satisfy your creative outlet, but what a cross!

Heh, I already thought about what Dragon would do to my writing! I wonder if it can be set to recognize only one voice?

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

I've never used Dragon myself, but I have heard good things about it.

Laurna

Speaking of dragons, well dinosaurs and Littles.
Going around face book is this page- http://www.quickmeme.com/p/3vpa2h
It made me laugh.  I love this kind of creativity.
Evie, perhaps the Littles can stage 25 days of Christmas in medieval style. One image a day.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

LOL!  That reminds me of 365 Days of Stormtroopers:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/st3f4n/sets/72157616350171741/

A Mini-Deryni Advent calendar in pictures?  Hm.  I'll have to see if I can come up with some ideas....   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

"On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me, a Gryphon in a pear tree...."   :)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

What an uproarious laugh I had last night going through the stormtrooper images. I showed my sister this morning and laughed again.

Love it Jerusha! ;D
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

I got a few more project-related things done today:

Overgown for Meraude by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Meraude gets a new silk overgown.  The fabric came from the stash that Laurna recently sent.  It is a very fine fabric, so after Fray-checking the cut edges, I used French seams to keep the raw edges completely enclosed so that they won't fray.  The lower part of the gown has side slits.  Now she just needs a new belt.  I have a few silver and blue curved beads left over from making Evaine's belt  (the beads were once part of a bracelet), so I will probably use those to make Meraude's belt.

Wedding ring by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here is Evaine's wedding ring.  At close magnification,  you can see it's made of wound gold thread secured with fabric glue,  but it looks more like a solid engraved band when viewed at normal size.

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Very nice, Evie.  I especially like Evaine's ring.  Meraude will be wanting one too, I should think.  And Richenda, and Araxie....

Sorry, I was thinking out loud.   ;)
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

LOL!  Doing wedding rings for Richenda and Araxie should be no problem, since they have action figure hands with separate fingers.  Meraude might require some plastic surgery first, as her ring finger is fused to her middle finger.  Or I could just cheat and paint one on her finger with gold paint and a fine-tipped brush, or glue a jewel on that finger and pretend there's a band under it.  Perhaps a sapphire stone, since Nigel's colors are royal blue and gold?

Before I went to bed last night, I made Meraude's belt.

Meraude's belt by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

She's got a teeny little waist.  It's hard to believe she carried five children to term.  I guess being the de facto chatelaine for Rhemuth Castle for so many years in Queen Jehana's absence must have been quite the workout program!   ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Another few mini-projects done today:  Jashana Arilan's chiton, shoulder fibulae, and belt.

Jashana Arilan by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here is Jashana Arilan wearing a Llyrian style chiton.  (I actually did all the sewing on the chiton last month, but couldn't complete the outfit to show it off until I found the jewelry findings to make the shoulder fibulae and belt.)  I have some other jewelry findings to make a nicer jeweled belt later, but I need to find some very thin black cord before I can complete that one.  I still need to modify her face paint to give her the Arilan blue-violet eyes.

Closer view of the fibulae. by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here's a closer look at the jewelry findings I used to make the fibulae (shoulder brooches).

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

http://www.rhemuthcastle.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=189

Hi everyone,  My latest miniature house is now complete. You can view it in the gallery by clicking on the link above, or just go to the fan projects gallery. I'm afraid it's too little even for the Littles. But I'm somehwat grateful that Evie's Luke can't sit on it.  ;)  I used raffia fiber for the thatching, and I'm quite pleased with the results. It's no Rhemuth Castle, but I think it would make a rather nice Manor House somewhere off in Meara.

(See, DR? It DOES exist! I have the photos to prove it!)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!