• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:02:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 139
Total: 139
Sogou
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

And in today's action figure project news, tenworld has sent me a package full of very thin wire and other interesting metal bits which I'm hoping I might be able to use for little jewelry pieces or whatnot.  I might also be able to combine some of it with beads that cynicalmedic sent me earlier in the year.  Hopefully I can update this thread with more project photos soon, now that my schedule is slowly starting to get less insane and I've got more time to do fun stuff again.  I may also have enough little props now--or should soon have enough--to make a medieval diorama or two to set a few short Deryni Action Figure photo stories in.  I'm working towards that goal, anyway.

Also in today's mail was a pretty little auburn-haired headsculpt that might turn into either Ailidh nicArdry or her daughter Aine Rose, for those of you who followed "Maidens of Mayhem and the sequel stories and want to see a 1:6 scale bonnie MacArdry lass.  I've got her new body at home already awaiting her arrival, so I think I'll wait until she's all in one piece before posting photos.  Poor Jass might be rather perturbed if photos of his decapitated wife or daughter appear here on the Forum....  :D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

My newest lady by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I haven't fully decided who this is going to be yet.  Probably Ailidh nicArdry or her daughter Aine Rose from my Deryni fanfic stories, but she may end up in some modern-day photostory role as well. (Please ignore the somewhat awkward pose.  I was trying to shoot this quickly so we could finish clearing the table for our Valentine's Day dinner, while also having to shove Luke out of the way so that he didn't block the view!)

My newest lady by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

And here's a close-up view.  I'll try to take a few more shots later, hopefully without as much glare so you can see her pretty features better.

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Shiral

Quote from: Jerusha on February 14, 2013, 09:10:43 PM
Now that is a pose that looks like it's saying "whatever!"  ;D

I was thinking "Has the Zombie Apocalypse come unto Gwynedd??  :o :P ;)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

LOL!  No body parts have fallen off her yet, and she doesn't smell that bad....   :D  (No, seriously, her body had a very strong odor at first, probably since she came wrapped in multiple layers of plastic bubble wrap, ziploc bags, and then a plastic mailer before the "new PVC" fumes had finished outgassing, but she's finally aired out enough for me to handle and dress her.)  Here she is in some decidedly non-medieval clothing, since I don't have any suitable Transha clothing for her yet:

Luke snoopervising the Starfleet lieutenant by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

ETA:  And here's the original picture of Ailidh, if you've all forgotten what she's supposed to look like.  I figured this head sculpt was probably as close as I'd ever find to an Ailidh action figure, unless I learn how to sculpt 1:6 scale heads myself.

Ailidh nicArdry by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Quote from: Evie on February 15, 2013, 10:21:23 AM
LOL!  No body parts have fallen off her yet, and she doesn't smell that bad....   :D  (No, seriously, her body had a very strong odor at first, probably since she came wrapped in multiple layers of plastic bubble wrap, ziploc bags, and then a plastic mailer before the "new PVC" fumes had finished outgassing, but she's finally aired out enough for me to handle and dress her.)  Here she is in some decidedly non-medieval clothing, since I don't have any suitable Transha clothing for her yet:

Luke snoopervising the Starfleet lieutenant by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Actually, since you made her a security officer, she's probably about to get eaten by a giant feline native to whatever world Kirk has made her beam down to.  (The redshirt always gets it.)

derynifanatic64

That picture looks as if it came out of the original series episode "Catspaw".  The female bad person changed herself into a giant cat.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Shiral

"Greetings from Lt. Ailidh here on the planet of the Giant Pussycats!" :D

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Jerusha

I think she just went from "whatever" to "where's my phaser?"  :)

BTW, because I've forgotten, does Ailidh have grey eyes?
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Elkhound on February 15, 2013, 05:40:09 PM

Actually, since you made her a security officer, she's probably about to get eaten by a giant feline native to whatever world Kirk has made her beam down to.  (The redshirt always gets it.)

LOL!  True, but remember, Lt. Uhura also wore the Little Red Dress, and she survived the series (as did Yeoman Rand), so maybe the dress doesn't carry the Redshirt Curse.  Or maybe this officer is in Communications, establishing friendly relations with an alien ally. ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Ailidh prepares to do Deryni magic by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Ailidh focuses on a Deryni spell.

Untitled by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Really, Luke?  You had to photobomb me?

Untitled by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Ailidh attempts to establish animal rapport

Nice kitty! by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Nice kitty!

Going for a drive by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Going for a drive...

Lunch at Waffle House by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

...and stopping at Waffle House....

Chillaxing by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Ailidh and my daughter kick back and relax for a while.   :)

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Evie

She got promoted from Chief Communications Officer and is now on a command track.  She must have impressed the Captain with her Alien Rapport skills.  ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

I recognize the ruby gown, but is the blue gown in "Nice Kitty" new?

-- Old English Litany