• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:26:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,483
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 68
Total: 69

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

Oh, I'm sure Helena will hand it over without too much of a fuss...especially if Richenda promises to pass it back down to her once she has some newer gowns.   ;)

LOL @ bribing with candies!  Now there's a thought....   :D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

The Fountain by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I finally got batteries for the fountain I got for Christmas!  I think I want to put this fountain on a square "stair steps" base made of styrofoam carved and painted to resemble stone blocks, perhaps with some bits of moss added to give it that weathered, outdoorsy look for a courtyard fountain.  The jug is ready to be filled and brought inside for drinking water or hand washing.

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

I love that fountain.

Is there anyplace in Gwynned that has natural hot springs where they might have a spa, like Bath in England?  I'd love to see a story about some of our friends going to 'take the waters.'

Evie

Thanks!  And yes, in the Codex at least, I seem to recall that Princess Silke Haldane later becomes a nun and the infirmarian of a convent near a hot spring which has had miracle cures attributed to its healing waters.  So I could see a fanfic being set at that convent, or in a village nearby, featuring Deryni characters "taking the waters."

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Those of you who were at Chat tonight might remember that I mentioned finding Duncan and Helena in some rather odd poses at various times this week.  Well, here is that story in pictures:

Deryni Hi-Jinks - 1 by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

So...I left Duncan and Helena sitting on this bench watching episodes of Robin Hood the night before, and the next day I walk into the room and find Duncan doing a headstand!  Of course, no one else in the house admits to any responsibility for this, so I'm apparently to assume Duncan did this all on his own....

Helena appears totally unfazed by this, or at least able to continue a face to face conversation with him while he's in this rather unconventional pose.

Deryni Hi-Jinks - 2 by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Why he's facing the back of the seat, I don't know.  Maybe he started out with his feet on the seat back?

Deryni Hi-Jinks - 3 by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

But here they are, still face to face and looking as comfortable as if the bishop weren't acting very oddly!

Deryni Hi-Jinks -4 by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

At least Helena is quite properly keeping her eyes on Duncan's face and not stealing glances up at his waving ankles!

Deryni Hi-Jinks - 5 by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

At last I help Duncan down and the two settle back into their original movie-watching position.  I think it's safe to leave them by themselves again.  Or... is it?

Deryni Hi-Jinks -6- by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Apparently someone wasn't done with having fun!  When I returned, this was the sight that greeted my startled eyes.  Really, is someone in this house trying to put Duncan and Helena in a compromising position?  (No, I don't suppose it's really necessary to answer that!  :D)

Deryni Hi-Jinks -7- by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Duncan McLain, just what do you think you're staring at!  (Well, I suppose I can't really blame the poor guy.  How often does a celibate get to catch a glimpse of shapely feminine leg, after all?)

Deryni Hi-Jinks -8- by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

He certainly seems to be finding something to smile about!  I expect Archbishop Cardiel will need to give him a stern talking-to next time Duncan goes to the Cathedral for Confession.

Deryni Hi-Jinks -9- by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

This position couldn't have been comfortable for poor Helena, though.  It looks like she might have attempted a hand stand and got her head stuck between the bench seat and the arm instead.  Good thing I got home in time to rescue her before she could get plank marks on her forehead!  Naughty Duncan, gawking like a school boy instead of rescuing the damsel in distress. 

After this adventure, they went back with the other littles I brought with me on holiday.  I figured there'd be safety in numbers.  Let's hope so, anyway!   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Did our good Bishop do back-flips on his way back to join the others?  I suspect he was in need of some vigorous exercise.  ;D 
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Not to mention a cold bath, but since I left the medieval bathtub at home, he would have had to settle for dunking his head in the new fountain.   :D

--WARNING!!!--

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Shiral

Quote from: Evie on December 30, 2012, 11:36:23 PM
Thanks!  And yes, in the Codex at least, I seem to recall that Princess Silke Haldane later becomes a nun and the infirmarian of a convent near a hot spring which has had miracle cures attributed to its healing waters.  So I could see a fanfic being set at that convent, or in a village nearby, featuring Deryni characters "taking the waters."

That's a sweet little fountain. Looks like it definitely belongs at the Schola in Rhemuth.

REALLY! Duncan is being a very naughty boy to gaze at Helena's exposed legs  with such interest.  I'm sure it's been YEARS since he had such an opportunity and naturally he didn't want to waste it. On the other hand, he IS Dhugal's father, and.... well... the er, apple tree evidently doesn't let it's apples roll too far away.  =o)

"Bless me Father for I have sinned. And I led another into sinning, too.... I only wanted to SHOW Helena I can do a hand stand..."

You'd better check to make sure the littles didn't find your liquor cabinet, Evie! I think they both had a bit of a snootfull!

Celebrated the New Year early, no doubt.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Elkhound

One great advantage of trousers over a kilt or a cassock--you can do a handstand without violating modesty.

kirienne (RIP)

Evie

Well, the good news is that I made it back safely from my Tennessee holiday.  The bad news is, our van didn't, so we had to borrow a car from our friends to get back home.  We could only load half of our stuff into their vehicle, which means that most of the action figure stuff I brought with me is still in TN, but my DH is heading back there Friday night to return our friends' car, repair the van, and hopefully have it in shape to drive back before Monday morning.

But the new undergown managed to make it back home, and here is Richenda modeling it with her sideless surcoat:

Duchess Richenda's New Gown by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I think the beadwork on the undergown complements the beadwork on the surcoat nicely, even though I used different beads for both.

I could have posed the poor girl a bit better for this shot, couldn't I?  Blame the cough medicine.  (Mine, not hers!)  It doesn't help that I have her leaning against an angled surface because I've left my doll stands and fake walls in TN, so her backdrop is just a flimsy bit of posterboard leaning against a recliner back with Richenda reclining along with it.  We'll just ignore that unflattering up-the-nose shot and concentrate on the gown, shall we?  I like how the gowns look together, but the undergown's skirt is wider than the skirt on the sideless surcoat, so I might eventually make another surcoat with a wider skirt out of the same emerald velour.

Here is the outfit as seen from the side, giving the viewer a glimpse of the belt worn underneath.  She might also wear a belt pouch or a set of keys dangling from the belt, though I haven't made a pouch for her yet.  I do have a key-shaped charm somewhere.

Here is a closer view of the belt, which came from a collection of beaded jewelry that cynicalmedic sent me.  I think she told me the collection came from an estate sale. (That reminds me, I need to take photos of that treasure trove to upload here sometime.  I keep meaning to update my photographs in the WIP project thread, but Real Life keeps rearing its ugly head and getting in the way of doing fun stuff.)  The "belt" is actually a bracelet that I was able to use as-is to make this belt.  And no, the outfit wasn't planned to go with this belt; I had already made the sideless surcoat before I received the belt that just happens to match it!

OK, that's it for now, though once I recover the rest of my littles' stuff, my flagging energy, and can carve out more time to work on fun stuff, I'll post another update, hopefully sooner rather than later.

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Again, I SO admire your talent and skill and patience and everything else!  I could never, ever, EVER do this if my life depended on it.

Evie

Thank you!     :)  Though if your life really did depend on it, I imagine you'd become pretty adept with a needle and thread surprisingly quickly.... ;) :D

Seriously, what I love about doll clothes is that I can do even an elaborate gown in just a day or two.  I wouldn't have the patience to spend weeks on a gown like this for myself, although I have SCA and SF/fantasy cosplaying friends who do.  But if I know I can start and complete a project in mere minutes, or no more than a few hours at most, I'm there.  Big imagination but short attention span, that's me!  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Quote from: Elkhound on January 03, 2013, 11:17:46 PM
Again, I SO admire your talent and skill and patience and everything else!  I could never, ever, EVER do this if my life depended on it.

I second that, Elkhound! 

It's a gorgeous dress, Evie, especially the way everything matches even though by accident.  I have a feeling "little" Alaric will have no trouble overlooking the "up your nose" shot once he feasts his eyes on Richenda in the flesh (so to speak.)   :D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany