• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:30:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 101
Total: 101

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerusha

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

He says it's more comfortable than a mitre.  I think modern living is starting to spoil our good bishop of Dhassa somewhat.   ;)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

Quote from: Evie on October 25, 2012, 02:36:48 PM
He says it's more comfortable than a mitre.  I think modern living is starting to spoil our good bishop of Dhassa somewhat.   ;)

I have read some fics--unfortunately, most of them bad Mary Sues--of modern people transported into the Deryiverse.  Has anyone done a fic involving one or more of the characters transported into OUR world?

Evie

Haven't written a fic about it, no.  Though that pretty much mirrors what goes on in my head at odd moments when I'm eating out, or shopping at Sam's Club, or just driving to work.  Deryni characters popping into my mind without any advance notice, giving me commentary whether I want it or not, often making me smirk if not actually laugh out loud, which makes people around me wonder what the heck I'm thinking at those moments....   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

A toast by evian_delacourt, on Flickr
(Set design by my daughter...I told her I'd give her credit.  ;) )

The littles celebrate the addition of a new table to their furniture collection.  It's not finished yet--actually, it's not even started yet!  The base is a candlestick that looks like stained wood (although I think it's actually resin), and the top is an unfinished wooden plaque that I plan on staining to match the base.  I could glue them together, but I think I will keep them as separate pieces for easier storage.  I also made two little seat cushions out of some leftover fabric from my husband's Halloween costume.  You can see one under Grub.  You can plan on seeing more of the fabric, since Hubby cut strips from a luscious purple sheet for some trim on his costume, leaving most of the fabric intact, and it's a gorgeous shade for either another cassock or else some royal garments.

Seat cushions and beaded chokers by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here's a closer look at the new seat cushions.  I also tried making some chokers in the Haldane and Corwyn colors for Araxie and Richenda.

By the way, I have been scouting out some taller bodies for Grub, since she's supposed to look like an undernourished 7-year-old (so at least like a healthy five-year-old) and not like a toddler.  I have my eye on a particular type of articulated body for her, but am waiting until I can get one at a good price.  She is looking forward to eventually getting a body that will do more than just sit stiff-legged.

I may also have some pictures of medieval food to post eventually, although that won't be in the immediate future, as the chef has several other commissions to work on that need to be completed during the holidays, so I'm hoping she'll be able to get to the medieval stuff by Duncan's birthday in early February.  But at least now I'll have at least one table to display it on!  (Though I suspect this will end up being the table in Duncan's study instead.

New table pedestal by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

This candlestick serves as the base of the new table.  If I don't permanently attach the new tabletop to the pedestal, this piece can also be used as a separate, smaller table with a raised rim, perhaps suitable for a game table, making the pedestal more versatile.

New table and candelabrum by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Stained tabletop and a gold candlestick holder.  The candelabrum was in a dollar bin at Walmart and was designed with a pick at the bottom to stick into the top of a cake.  I had bought it a while back meaning to alter it for use, but hadn't got around to it yet.  My husband surprised me tonight by cutting the pick part off so that it could stand directly on its base, and then spray painting it with some metallic gold spray paint (the same kind I used on Duncan's crozier).  It looks a lot better than the original dull "gold" plastic it started off as in the package.  It should hold eight birthday-candle sized candles.

The tabletop and pedestal aren't exactly the same shade, but without the flash, the pedestal looks a bit darker and the stained wood tabletop looks a little lighter, so they seem to match better in room light.  I might try staining the pedestal a little darker, but I don't know how well it will take the stain, since it's not wood.  I think it is some sort of resin.  The tabletop didn't stain quite as smoothly as I might wish, but that's fine.  If I use it for Kelson's war encampment, it's "rustic" enough to suit that setting, and if it ends up in Duncan's study, he'll probably have a tablecloth and/or a few books and scrolls piled on it, which should serve to hide any flaws.

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

I can only wonder what type of mischief an "articulated" Grub will get into, with or without her father's help.  :D

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Sextus Arilan on bath day....

Sextus at Bathtime by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Hey, can a guy get a bit of privacy around here?

On second thought.... by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

"On second thought, you can stay.  If you could scrub that place in the middle of my back, sweeting, that would be great!"   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

-- Old English Litany

Elkhound

Quote from: Jerusha on October 28, 2012, 09:41:43 PM
Whoa!  That doesn't look like Avisa!!!   :o

Perhaps we can imagine this scene as taking place before he got domesticated.

Evie

It's more likely a scene from before his marriage.  Then again, the chambermaid is fully clothed, so that could be seen as evidence of a married Sextus behaving himself for a change .... ;)  (I can't imagine Avisa handing the bathtime duties off to a servant completely, though--she of all people would be aware of his weaknesses!-- so this was probably pre-Avisa.  :D )

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Quote from: Evie on October 28, 2012, 10:16:57 PM
It's more likely a scene from before his marriage.  Then again, the chambermaid is fully clothed, so that could be seen as evidence of a married Sextus behaving himself for a change .... ;)

Even Sextus doesn't work immediately.

Quote(I can't imagine Avisa handing the bathtime duties off to a servant completely, though--she of all people would be aware of his weaknesses!-- so this was probably pre-Avisa.  :D )

She'd probably assign only male servants as bath attendants, or if she had to send a woman, she'd pick the homliest one she could find.

Evie

If a picture paints a thousand words, then here's today's update in several thousand words....   ;D

Mini-Deryni Tales 4 by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Yes, I've finally found a "mini-me" (or close enough, anyway) to turn into Sister Therese.  Life at the Schola may never be the same.   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

-- Old English Litany

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!