• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,566
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 06:13:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

And now....It's Bishops on Tour!!!  :D

Music for the soul by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Duncan tries out his new guitar.  Maybe he's playing a bit of "blue eyed soul"?

Arilan rocks by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Denis discovers his inner rock star.  Who knew?   ;D

(And yes, I realized after uploading these shots that both bishops are playing "corrie-fisted," which must make it difficult to play those backwards guitars!  Ah well, I guess that just gives me a good excuse to play with them more until I get the poses correct.)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

I truly love the articulation on these True Type bodies!

Love the articulation by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I only wish that the jointed Barbies and Kens were this poseable and had separate fingers better suited for holding things.  Poor Duncan has to settle for simply holding a guitar instead of looking like he might actually play it.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Almost done by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I'm done with the stitching for the merelles board.  There's just the finishing work to do, and then playing pieces to make.

I changed my mind after the fleur de lys motif after sketching an outline of one on the back side to see if I could work up a decent design.  It looked OK, but I wasn't sure how much the embroidery might end up warping the basic shape, and I decided I didn't want a design with a definite "up" and "down" side to it.  Duncan suggested the four-point star, to represent the compass directions and, by extension, the Archangels.  A nice little bit of hidden Deryni meaning in a deceptively simple motif.  And it serves as a nice focal point for the rest of the geometric pattern made up by the playing area.  So I went with that idea, and am pretty happy with how it turned out.

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Trust Bishop Duncan to send you in the right direction.  :D

Though as much as I like Bishop Arilan, he almost looks diabolical in his "guitar" pose.  I think I hear "Tubular Bells" in the background.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

ROFL!   I used to have "Tubular Bells" as my cell phone ringtone.  I forgot about its best known pop culture association until my phone rang in church one Sunday morning, and someone did a double-take and asked, "Am I hearing the theme music to The Exorcist?"   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Here is the finished game "board."

Finished portable merelles board by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I wish there had been a bigger margin all the way around, but otherwise I think it turned out all right.  At least it was a way to polish up my extremely rusty embroidery skills, since the last time I did any embroidery was nearly 20 years ago, I think.  Next time I'll either design the board a little bit smaller or else use a slightly larger bit of fabric.  Originally I was just going to turn under and hem the edges, but after doing the embroidery, I realized I needed to protect the back of the piece as well, plus the edges of the fabric were starting to fray a bit even though they had been cut with pinking shears.  So I decided to try lining the board instead, with somewhat mixed results because the fabric was fairly stiff and the margins around the outer edge of the game board pattern were so small.  The finished board should still work well enough for the purpose, though, as long as my game counters are small enough, and I've had a few ideas on how to make those, as well as some tiny Kingdom coinage as well, since now I've got Sextus after me to make a few gambling games like Gluckhaus, which you may remember Duncan, Helena, and John Nivard playing in Part One of Visionaries.  So that should be fun.  ;D  Maybe if I can ever get a table or two and some benches, I can set up a tavern scene.  "The Mini-Deryni Go Slumming At The Green Barrel."   Since Aderyn doesn't fit in with the main Deryni cast, she can play the serving wench.  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

* Evie sees the timestamp on that last message and does a double-take....

Just so y'all know, I was not up until nearly 4:00 am on a work night, stitching and posting dolly stuff.  While I'll admit to being mildly obsessed, I'm not that obsessed!   :D  Though it's good to see the Forum is updating the "Latest Post" info on the main page again, even if the time stamping has evidently gone wonky now.   I felt a surge of hope yesterday when I thought Annie had posted the latest chapter of Jon's story, only to find out it was just a Forum board glitch repeating month-old information.  ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Quote from: Evie on August 07, 2012, 10:04:37 PM

Funny shaped horse by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

See, New-Dhugal hasn't even had his makeover yet, and already he's stepping into the role!

Dhugal, Kitteh Tamer by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Now if only Luke had a saddle and the proper tack....   :D

"Look Da! No hands!"

"Dhugal get down from there this instant and STOP showing off!"
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Shiral

Quote from: Evie on August 13, 2012, 08:21:59 PM
I truly love the articulation on these True Type bodies!

Love the articulation by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I only wish that the jointed Barbies and Kens were this poseable and had separate fingers better suited for holding things.  Poor Duncan has to settle for simply holding a guitar instead of looking like he might actually play it.

This is too funny! So is Cardiel on Bass, drums or vocals, or do Duncan and Denis rehearse in complete secrecy?

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

AnnieUK

Quote from: Evie on August 14, 2012, 05:23:13 PM

I felt a surge of hope yesterday when I thought Annie had posted the latest chapter of Jon's story, only to find out it was just a Forum board glitch repeating month-old information.  ;D

Well, I now have more notes and *lots* of arrows. :s  Like I say, I know what happens, I just can't seem to write it. Can I just give you a 2 line summary?

Evie

Quote from: Shiral on August 15, 2012, 01:46:22 AM

This is too funny! So is Cardiel on Bass, drums or vocals, or do Duncan and Denis rehearse in complete secrecy?

Melissa

Archbishop Cardiel is a percussionist, of course!  How else would he have managed to drum up so much support for the Deryni? 

*rimshot*

:D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Quote from: AnnieUK on August 15, 2012, 08:46:54 AM
Quote from: Evie on August 14, 2012, 05:23:13 PM

I felt a surge of hope yesterday when I thought Annie had posted the latest chapter of Jon's story, only to find out it was just a Forum board glitch repeating month-old information.  ;D

Well, I now have more notes and *lots* of arrows. :s  Like I say, I know what happens, I just can't seem to write it. Can I just give you a 2 line summary?

Um, yeah, sure, if you don't mind if from now on I just post the equivalent of back cover summary blurbs rather than entire fanfic stories.  ;-)

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

No deal!  We'll wait for the rest of the story - it's worth the wait.

Besides, the triplets will be so upset if I don't get to read them the rest of the story when they wake up from their extended nap.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany