• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 362
Total: 362
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 05:12:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

The sweaters are perfect. I love them. I would not have guessed that Duncan is warring his chausses with his sweater as long as it is. Just don't let Duncan bend over to put those lights on at the bottom of the tree.   :o  Or Helena might get more of a holiday view than she expects.  ;D Although, the poor girl might need that rush to keep her feet warm.
What she needs are kitty slippers (or preferably puppy slippers.) Fuzzy warmers for the feet.
I am so glad the Littles are enjoying the holiday.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

Well, he's wearing the braies too, not just the chausses. LOL!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Holiday fun by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Another photo of the tree decorating happening on my office shelf.  :D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Here are some of the latest additions to my growing Rhemuth Castle Court.  I found them at the local thrift store:

This is what you call a plan? by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here they are enduring the torments of their first bath and shampoo. Poor guy. . . The lady looks like she thinks it's all his fault they've been left high and dry(ing)! The lady has already been switched to an articulated Liv body in this picture.  Her Barbie body was already breaking around the neck joint even before I switched her to the new body, so it's probably just as well I had a replacement body on hand.  The young lord came with an articulated body, so I haven't bothered to hunt up an action figure body for him.

All cleaned up by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here they are all cleaned up and completely dry. (I washed the dress also. The guy's outfit looked pretty clean, and I was afraid of ruining it in the wash.) I wish this picture did justice to the lady's hair.  It is a true "candle flame" color--a true gold with just enough red in it to give it the look of the brightest part of a candle's flame.  It's how I've always pictured Richenda's hair color from the descriptions in canon.  My Richenda figure's hair is a darker shade of red, but I've grown too attached to her to switch out heads now, and anyway, these side-glancing eyes can be a pain to work around in photos.

The man's lips are a bit too zombie-gray for my tastes, like he's oxygen-deprived or something.  I want to repaint them, if I can manage to find or mix a shade of pink that looks natural and not lip-sticky.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

She is a pretty girl. I like her side ways expression, but I can see where you will always have to pose her just right to make it work in photos.  :D
Nice addition to the collection
He looks like Prince Rory to me. lol

Evie

Hm...I could darken his hair and give him gray eyes so he'll look like a Haldane prince.  :)

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

Can you repaint her eyes so they don't look off sideways like that, or is that too much of a pain in the neck?  :)
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

:o No, DR. Truly I love her green eyes. They are very intrigued at what ever it is she is seeing. Just make sure she is always looking at something worth seeing. LOL  ;D  it is almost like she is overhearing secret mind-speech from those nearby and she doesn't want to look behind her but can not help her eyes form turning that direction.  She is definitely Deryni.

DesertRose

Well, the color is definitely lovely but the expression will make Evie have to contort her for photo shoots, which is what I was thinking when I asked if Evie wanted to attempt to repaint her eyes.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Evie

I'm fine with changing eye colors, but the few times I've tried to repaint an eye completely from scratch (which is what this would require, as I'd have to take off her original eye paint with acetone before repainting her eyes), I found out that my painting skills are not up to that task yet.  Poor Araxie looked like the Zombie Queen until I found a replacement head for her!  So I'd really rather not do a full eye repaint on a head I otherwise like.  It would be much easier for me to do selective posing and camera angles than for me to try to wipe her paint off and redo her eyes from the bare vinyl up.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Oh, and her "green" eyes look pretty much the same shade as what I think KK was trying to describe to me for John Nivard's eyes (a very pale, clear green), and even look that way in person from a yard or more away, but when viewed up close, you can see they are actually a combination of blue shading and golden highlighting.  It's a very unusual paint job when viewed at close range, but it's very effective at giving that illusion of pale green eyes.

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

Jerusha

It would also be a shame to lose that look of "yes, I know what you are thinking, nice try, buddy."  ;D

I do really like her expression - more real than some, and allows lots of room to wonder what she really is thinking.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Elkhound

Does the technology of the period include specticeals?  Perhaps you could give her a set of 'shades' to wear when the sidelong glance isn't appropriate.

Evie

Reading glasses go way back in period, but I think spectacles with colored lenses are a more recent development. Medieval glasses look a little bit like two small magnifying lenses hinged together on a pivot at the handle end. There weren't ear pieces, so the wearer had to pinch them onto the bridge of the nose.

--WARNING!!!--