• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 06:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 254
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 221
Total: 221
Google (2)
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

Duncan is looking rather dashing in his new traveling outfit. I can see Dhugal and Jass, especially Jass in a similar outfit was well. Good Job.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

Fantastic job, Evie, and I love the detail you included.

But wait, did I spy a headless form standing in the background of one of the pictures?  :o
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

LOL!  Yes, Jerusha, that's a life-sized dressmaker's dummy my friend is designing a bliaut on.

Laurna, I want to make another jerkin or two in brown pleather. I think they would look good with Dhugal's copper-bronze hair and Jass's chestnut highlights.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

Eep!  Looks like updates are overdue!

Tiny saddle by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I found this at a gas station and it looked like it might be the right size for a 1:6 scale horse. It's not a medieval style saddle, but if the size is right, I can use it to help me envision the size of saddle tree I'll need to create for my little knights.

Unboxed by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here is the head that KK selected for Joram.  I am still looking for a suitable action figure body for him, but in the meantime I've washed the styling gunk out of his hair and removed his sunglasses.  I think he has a decent family resemblance to his sister Evaine, pictured below:

Jeweled circlet and veil by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Camber's head has arrived! by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Laurna decided to present a gift of Camber's head for KK's growing Camber-era action figure collection.  Now I just need to find a suitable body for him, as the spares I have are meant to be used with action figures bodies that have a neck attached, but this one needs a body with the neck joint set into the shoulders.  I used to have one, but I don't know if I still have it or if I traded it with someone.  Camber's eyes will need to be painted to match his character (can someone remind me if they should be blue or gray?)  If KK would prefer him to have more realistic looking hair to match Joram's and Evaine's, I can glue some white fake fur on him, following the contours of his molded hair, to give him a more luxurious mane of hair, then style as needed.  Or since he'll probably be wearing his characteristic gray robe and hood anyway, maybe she will opt to leave his hair as-is.

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

I am familiar with bed pans, but this is the first I've seen a head pan!   ;D

Seriously, that is a wonderful head sculpt for Camber, and the eyes look so realistic.  I feel like he's staring right at me with all the wisdom of a powerful Deryni mage.

Hope you find a body for him soon.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Laurna

I'm a little concerned he might look too old. Because Camber's life was from 846-905, by most accounts. This means he died at 59years old. However, since we know he really lived to 917, he would be 71 years old in his spirit state. The action figure head above could be that of a 71 year old. No ghostly luminescence required. :D
I hope you can find him a body, Evie.

Evie

Camber didn't exactly lead the easiest of lives in his last few years, so that would take its toll on a man, possibly aging him a little before his time.  (Or at least what we'd consider "before time" nowadays.)  I've seen men with access to modern medicine look worse even in their sixties (and let's face it, there is little difference between 59 and 60), and Camber--despite having a Healer for a son-in-law, wouldn't have had even that much of an advantage.  So I think the head should work out, especially if he's on a body capable of limber movement rather than just standing stiffly.  Body posing can contribute to a look of vigorous older age as opposed to being in declining years.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

My doubts from yesterday have been quelled. I'm going to agree with Jerusha:
QuoteI feel like he's staring right at me with all the wisdom of a powerful Deryni mage.
:D

I'm hoping he will make a marvelous addition to KK's little Deryni family. Can not wait to see how you dress him up and Limber him up. lol  Cnce you find him an action body that is.

Evie

Well, whaddya know, I had a compatible body for Camber's head in my spares box.  One.  It's not the greatest color match, but since he'll be covered from head to toe, hopefully that won't matter too much.

Camber in strange clothes by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

He does seem a bit bewildered by his new clothing, though.  Hopefully I have enough gray linen in my stash to make him something better suited to him soon.

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

"It's Michaeline Blue....well almost...but the cut is most peculiar!"  :o

;D
Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Elkhound

Evie

Oh yes!  Amazing as that is, that's just the prototype armor.  Here is the "parade armor" that was developed after the Kickstarter campaign reached full funding:

http://zheng3.com/faire-play/

Now that is some amazingly detailed parade armor!   ;D  I'd almost be tempted, except that I don't think I've got any of my little ladies on Barbie bodies anymore.  The Liv and action figure bodies are better articulated than even the newer Fashionista Barbie bodies, so I normally just buy Barbies to use their heads now.  (Yeah, yeah, Evie the Impaler and all that!  ;) )

By the way, my husband just started his new job this week for a company that has all sorts of cool wood-working, metal-working, and 3D printing equipment, so he has already told me that if I can provide him with pictures or (preferably) detailed construction plans for the furniture items I want him to build for my littles, he can make them for me.  So I sent him back to work with a miniature medieval chair to copy for me and a spare action figure to remind him of the proper scale, since people tend to consistently underestimate how big 1:6 scale action figures are.  And now I'm off to start finding suitable images for furnishings that match the descriptions in KK's books for those in Duncan's study.

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

That sounds like the most Awesome Job!  So cool to create and build stuff. I foresee your castle filling with many "Little" things.

Evie

So Duncan gave Camber his old "Servant of Saint Camber" robe and hood, since it's more appropriate for Camber anyway.  I also made him some sandals to wear with his new clothing.

Camber of Culdi by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Camber close up by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Hood raised by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Camber from behind by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

Are you going to give him a board to smack himself with? 

"Jesu, Domine, dona eis requiem!" (WHACK!)