• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 146
Total: 146
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

For the first time in a few months,  my hand felt up to the small motor control needed for repainting doll features on a day when I had some free time and my paints handy,  so Mini- Rhys got his amber eyes this evening.  He just needs a belt and healer pack,  and he and Mini -Evaine will be ready to go live with KK at last.  I'll post a pic of Rhys with his new eye color when I get a chance.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

Here's Rhys with his repainted eyes.  They were originally a pale blue.

Rhys with amber eyes by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here's a close up that shows every little flaw and stray hair, but also shows the translucent layers of color allowing the original eye's painted highlights to show through.

Rhys with amber eyes--close up by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I took these before adding the glossy sealer to each eye so that the gloss of the sealer wouldn't reflect the flash back and obscure the new eye color.

--WARNING!!!--

DesertRose

"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Laurna

May your horses have wings and fly!

Shiral

Quote from: Evie on March 16, 2014, 04:09:30 PM
Here's Rhys with his repainted eyes.  They were originally a pale blue.

Rhys with amber eyes by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Here's a close up that shows every little flaw and stray hair, but also shows the translucent layers of color allowing the original eye's painted highlights to show through.

Rhys with amber eyes--close up by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I took these before adding the glossy sealer to each eye so that the gloss of the sealer wouldn't reflect the flash back and obscure the new eye color.

I'll bet he's glad to be able to see again. =o)

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

He could see before, since I never erased his blue eyes.  I just painted over them.  That's much easier than trying to paint them back on from scratch!

--WARNING!!!--

Laurna

I just noticed how very nicely the trim coloring(green and gold) on the tunic enhances Rhys eyes. Good match.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Evie

How well the trim coordinates with his eyes is pure coincidence, although Rhys' hair and eye coloring were the inspirations for the overall color palette of his wardrobe.  I chose fabrics that I thought would set off his red hair and amber eyes to best advantage, even though he was blue-eyed and bald when I first started this project.  :)

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Very well done, Evie!  You have captured the colour and made his eyes look natural.

I, for one, am very glad he is not still bald. And so, I suspect, is Evaine.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Aerlys

Wow the detail is amazing. What talent!

At least Rhys doesn't look like Carrot Top anymore.

"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

LOL!  Yes, I just can't imagine Evaine married to Carrot Top for some odd reason.   ;D

Thank you!

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

Quote from: Evie on March 19, 2014, 02:14:25 PM
LOL!  Yes, I just can't imagine Evaine married to Carrot Top for some odd reason.   ;D!

Although they do say that opposites attract...

:o

Honestly, I can't imagine anyone married to Carrot Top.
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Elkhound

I've actually met Carrot Top.  When I lived in Charlotte, NC he used to come work out at the YMCA all the time.  He's as big a jerk as you probably think he is.