• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 85
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 72
Total: 73
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 07:30:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Re: Work In Progress--Deryni Action Figure Project (was Duncan Action Figure)

Started by Evie, March 11, 2012, 08:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laurna

I like Araxie's new look. Her new head matches her body perfectly, certainly Kelson must be pleased.
I've  always thought of Richenda as a tall thin woman. Alaric, I am sure, will appreciate his wife's more slender, active look.
May your horses have wings and fly!

Jerusha

IIRC, Richenda was described in the books as "willow" slender, so the new body would be in character.  And it seems Duke Alaric has already spirited her out of sight to their own chambers.   ;D

From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

So that's where they went in such a hurry!   ;)

There's a description of Araxie's betrothal ring in KKB, isn't there?  I can't find my copy;  could someone look that up for me?
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

AnnieUK

"...ring set with a limpid sapphire water-pale, polished en cabochon like the moonstones on either side..."

Evie

Quote from: AnnieUK on February 09, 2014, 01:36:23 PM
"...ring set with a limpid sapphire water-pale, polished en cabochon like the moonstones on either side..."

Ok,  that won't be as easy to fake in 1:6 scale as I'd hoped,  but I'm sure I'll think of something.  Eventually.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

This came in today's mail:

Miniature chalice by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

I found this miniature chalice online.  I will leave it to my mini-Deryni clergy and nobility to decide who gets to keep this one.  It's perfect as it is, though since I have some microbeads on order, I could glue tiny pearls or jewels to it later, perhaps at the centers of the silver starburst circles. Either matching stones,  or perhaps colors that represent the four Archangels. The photo doesn't quite do justice to the chalice; the plastic cup has the striations and translucency of fine carved jasper stone. The inside bottom of the cup is silver, as if the translucent jasper walls were mounted to the silver base and pedestal and then the silver rim and ornaments were mounted to the stone cup.

--WARNING!!!--

Aerlys

FYI: A chalice that is used to say Mass is always lined in gold, not silver. So, you might want to bring out the gold paint.

Very cool find, Evie!  8)
"Loss and possession, death and life are one, There falls no shadow where there shines no sun."

Hilaire Belloc

Evie

Quote from: Aerlys on February 10, 2014, 09:57:41 PM
FYI: A chalice that is used to say Mass is always lined in gold, not silver. So, you might want to bring out the gold paint.

Very cool find, Evie!  8)

OK, I may just keep this as a drinking goblet then, since the stone ones I've seen in photos were generally not lined with metal (since that would defeat the purpose of using translucent stone). It will still make a lovely addition to someone's personal aumbry,  even if it's not an aumbry where the sacramental vessels are kept.

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

The Makeover by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

Just having a bit of fun with my Comic Strip It app again, seeing what it looks like with black and white "sketch" art in the background.

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

In one of the Oz books--I don't remember which one--there was a princess with interchangeable heads.   She had a whole room with different heads each in its own box, and each day she'd decide which one she wanted.   She decides she like's Dorothy's head and offers her any one of her other heads in exchange.

Evie

Last night I had a weird dream in which I went to the hospital to get my MRI (which is actually scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, if the appointment doesn't get cancelled due to the winter weather again like my last MRI appointment did), and when the procedure was finished, the doctor and other medical staff came in, hemming and hawing a bit, and then told me there was one more thing needing doing before they could send me home.  So they gave me something "to help me relax," or so they said, since I was rather stiff from having to lie still during the MRI procedure.  Whatever I took ended up knocking me right out.  When I woke up, I found my entire right arm missing, and a giant action figure arm attached in its place.

"Hold on, what's this!" I asked, startled and more than a little upset.  "No one told me you were going to do surgery!"

"Well, it wasn't exactly surgery," the doctor protested.  "We just took the bad arm off and popped a new one into place.  It's much better articulated than your original one.  You should be quite pleased with how it performs!"

For some reason I sensed all of my littles laughing at me when I woke up....   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

That sounds like your creative life is getting ahold of your subconscious mind, there Evie. =o)
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Evie

The university just closed, so I'm leaving the office for the day.  Keep your fingers crossed that the clinics reopen before tomorrow afternoon, or I'll have to reschedule my MRI yet again!  *sigh*

In the meantime, though, here's a short picture story I put together at lunch today for your viewing amusement:

Mini-Deryni Adventures: Belated Birthday by evian_delacourt, on Flickr

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

Quote from: Evie on February 12, 2014, 11:00:57 AM
For some reason I sensed all of my littles laughing at me when I woke up....   ;D

I suspect there may even have been some applause!   ;D

Duncan wants to buy Helena a neck scarf?  I think I hear "little" Alaric bursting into laughter at that idea!

Although Archbishop Cardiel may be thinking "it's about time!"

I do hope your MRI doesn't have to be rescheduled again.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

Evie

Quote from: Jerusha on February 12, 2014, 01:35:52 PM
Quote from: Evie on February 12, 2014, 11:00:57 AM

I suspect there may even have been some applause!   ;D

Duncan wants to buy Helena a neck scarf?  I think I hear "little" Alaric bursting into laughter at that idea!

Although Archbishop Cardiel may be thinking "it's about time!"

I do hope your MRI doesn't have to be rescheduled again.

I hope the appointment doesn't get rescheduled too,  because I don't know how much more waiting I can take!

What the photos don't show very well due to the poor lighting is just how fitted that silky little blouse is,  how much cleavage it shows (and Helena 's ZC Eve body is fairly busty), and the back is higher waisted than the front,  leaving the small of her back uncovered.  Not unduly immodest by our society's standards,  but quite racy for a Gwynneddan lady's wardrobe!  :D. I didn't think about that until half the photos had already been taken,  so I just incorporated it into the script.

--WARNING!!!--