• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 03:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 170
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Visionaries--Part Two--Chapter Ten

Started by Evie, January 13, 2012, 09:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

I also got the impression from Nigel that he genuinely didn't want the crown and all the trappings that went with it. And let's face it, as Duke of Carthmoor he's hardly keeping the wolves from the door, is he? 

I'd say the situation is more akin to Seisyll/Sextus (at least pre Sextus marrying up), since Sextus wasn't well off and would have benefitted financially from Seisyll's line suddenly and unexpectedly dying out. Not that Sextus would have done anything either, but just a closer comparison I think.

bronwynevaine

I believe Gilrae's brother has children, his wife offered Aedwige the services of his midwife. Not sure if there's an heir or "only daughters" (LOL Alkari). Either way, I don't credit them with Nigel's honor and loyalty. Sextus is honorable and loyal, albeit slightly tarnished. He'd much rather his brother and nephew be the respectable ones! Gilrae's brother shouldn't harm the child for the sake of vengeance or inheritance, but...
I don't just march to the beat of a different drummer...I dance to a beat no one else can hear :)

Elkhound

Sextus would be horrified at the idea; not only because he loves his brother & nephew very much and would be devastated if anything happened to them, but also because he--at least before he grew up a little (not too much, otherwise he wouldn't be Sextus any more)--avoided responsibility as he would foul water.