• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 10:04:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,481
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Kilts

Started by Elkhound, January 09, 2012, 09:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

I just attended a function of the Shrine Highlanders, for which I wore my kilt.

Not for the first time, I noticed that women pay a great deal more attention to me when I wear a kilt than when I wear trousers; perhaps I should wear a kilt more often.

Alkari

LOL Elkhound.    Just as long as you remember how to sit properly when wearing a "skirt", especially if you are going commando!  ;)  :D

Elkhound

"Going commando" is for trousers; "in the regimental manner" is the expression for a kilt.

DesertRose

One of my mother's former co-workers (Mom is retired now) came to work one time in a utili-kilt to make a point.   This fellow usually wore polo shirts and shorts to work, of the type that look like chinos that are just cut off and cuffed at the knee, and his boss had fussed at him about it in a very annoying and obsequious fashion, especially given that they did not have a dress code, and nobody had a problem with this dude wearing shorts to work.  So, just to make a point about the absence of a dress code, he came to work wearing a polo shirt over a light tan kilt.  Nobody had the courage to ask if he were regimental, which was my first question when my mother told me the story.

BTW, this was here in Florida, where the "state dress code" is much more casual than in the rest of the country.  :D
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Alkari

I remember years ago going to a ceremony in which a high school pipe band was playing.  It was obvious when the boys sat down at various points that no-ne had explained the niceties of sitting in skirts!!   Or at least, some had forgotten the advice, as my bagpipe-pplaying brother assures me that this is explained ...

Elkhound

One of my DeMolays (age 13) wore his kilt to school.  And no, he did not get beaten up.  The principal objected, but his father said that he would make it an issue of ethnic/cultural heritage--if the African-American kids can wear dreadlocks and kente cloth, then a Scottish-American kid can wear his kilt.

He found out that girls LIKE boys in kilts.