• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 06:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155
Google (2)

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Forgiveness - Chapter 7

Started by Alkari, January 07, 2012, 04:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKnTexas

I am not sure how I overlooked this story.  But I am so glad to have found it today.  I enjoyed the viewpoint through different eyes. 
Thomas Hill

LeDuc

It was nice to read something from Jehana's viewpoint, and showing the pain, love, even the wistfulness of past issues resolving and becoming the integrated person denied  by circumstances. I liked her thoughts about learning to love again, and her slow engagement and marriage thoughts with Barrett de Laney.

Kareina

Oh, I am glad you commented on this story, I wouldn't have noticed it otherwise. I really enjoyed it, but would have dearly loved to have seen it continue all the way to her wedding with Barrett, I would love to see at what point they admit to one another that the attachment is more than just pupil to student, and how the details and implications for the court are arranged...
--Kareina

LeDuc

Having read the chapters of 'Forgiveness', it is well written, much enjoyed and full of hope, and love.
To see Jehana's perspectives, and he hopes for a new future, I can't pity her. She is a strong lady in her own way.
Perhaps the story can continue with the courtship and marriage of Jehana and Barrett. That should be exciting and informative.

LeDuc

Having read the chapters of 'Forgiveness', it is well written, much enjoyed and full of hope, and love.
To see Jehana's perspectives, and he hopes for a new future, I can't pity her. She is a strong lady in her own way.
Perhaps the story can continue with the courtship and marriage of Jehana and Barrett. That should be exciting and informative.

DerynifanK

I have read and reread this story and enjoyed it more every time. I can't believe I never commented. I especially love stories that show the characters in more everyday situations and It is lovely to see how Jehana is changing. I am just a little sad that Brion does not get to be part of it. I sometimes wonder if he would have learned more about his own magic and perhaps been better able to escape Charissa's dastardly plot if Jehana had not been so adamant against it. You are a wonderful writer and it would be great to see more stories from you.
"Thanks be to God there are still, as there always have been and always will be, more good men than evil in this world, and their cause will prevail." Brother Cadfael's Penance

LeDuc

This short story centering on Jehana shows a lot about what she has had to go through, the slow self-acceptance, the exploring of mind, emotion,reconsidering the past thoughts and actions. The best of all, are thoughts for the future, for HER future. It's not often that a mature adult can 'bloom from within', yet she she has the confidence to admit she can, and is taking good strides in many way.

DoctorM

Very true!

Quote from: LeDuc on June 27, 2021, 02:24:25 AM
This short story centering on Jehana shows a lot about what she has had to go through, the slow self-acceptance, the exploring of mind, emotion,reconsidering the past thoughts and actions. The best of all, are thoughts for the future, for HER future. It's not often that a mature adult can 'bloom from within', yet she she has the confidence to admit she can, and is taking good strides in many way.

Laurna

I remember reading this long ago, It is delightful!  I am so glad you have caused it to resurface.
Kelric as a rock  and now a whale is so good and the bridge is well built.
I think this would be a wonderful inclusion in KK's Anthology. Chapter 7 could even be a perfect stand alone. It should be brought to her attention.
May your horses have wings and fly!