• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 07:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,480
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134
Total: 134
Sogou
Google
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Visionaries--Part One--Chapter Three

Started by Evie, September 23, 2011, 09:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirienne (RIP)

I'm enjoying this one a lot, even though I haven't commented yet. I'm looking forward to reading more, and hope all will turn out well for poor Helena. I hope next time, my brain will be able to formulate a better comment. LOL.

Elkhound

Quote from: Alkari on September 28, 2011, 10:46:51 PM
Well, in both RL and fictional murder casess, we do see cases of dismembered bodies where the investigators reckon the person musy have had detailed medical / anatomical knoweldge in order to cut up the body so expertly.  Or some other such thing!

I've never watched it, but isn't that the point of the TV show "Dexter"? 

Alkari

I don't know, as I have never watched it either.  :D   Never even heard of it, actually!

Evie

Quote from: Alkari on October 02, 2011, 10:27:29 PM
I don't know, as I have never watched it either.  :D   Never even heard of it, actually!

I haven't watched it but I've heard of it.  If I remember the premise correctly, he is a sociopath, but one who lives by some sort of moral code, so the only people he targets to kill are those who have shown that they "deserve" it by being murderers themselves...so in effect he's a serial killer, but only kills those whose deaths he believes would be a benefit to society.  Or some story premise to that effect, anyway.  Though if he has some specialized medical knowledge that helps him kill his victims, this is the first I've heard of it.  I had thought for some reason he had some knowledge of police investigation or criminal profiling instead, but as I've not seen the show either, I could be remembering the show's reviews incorrectly.
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Elkhound

He's a forensic technician as his day job.  And yes, he kills other serial killers who are for whatever reason beyond the range of normal justice.  He is particularly "down" on those who target children and to those who torture their victims. I've never seen it either, but it is supposed to be very well-written (by TV standards) and have some good actors on it.