• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 263
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233
Google
Bing
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 10:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered--Chapter One

Started by Evie, April 25, 2011, 09:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evie

I'm sure Fr. John has no trouble keeping a proper sense of decorum during confessions.  Remember, he hears confessions from children too (at least the ones old enough to have been Confirmed) with the proper dignity and gravitas, and Sextus in some ways is much like an overgrown child....    ;)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

This situation gives Denis one more reason why he favors his nieces over his nephews.  Though his new found grand-niece will be a real test of his patience.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Evie

Oh trust me, nieces aren't necessarily any easier on a bishop's blood pressure than nephews. After all, Jashana started her honeymoon a few months before her planned wedding, but at least, unlike Sextus, she was planning on wedding....

--WARNING!!!--

Elkhound

I'm Chapter Dad for our local DeMolay; in planning a weekend excursion, I was comparing notes with the Mother Advisor for the Rainbows, and said, "They say girls are easier."  She said, "THEY lie."

There's a saying: "When poor kids screw up, they get sent to reform school; when rich kids screw up, they get sent to boarding school.  Middle-class kids stay home and give their parents, teachers, and youth pastors grey hairs."

Jerusha

Now I know where my grey hair came from.   ;D
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

Quote from: Evie on April 27, 2011, 07:19:41 PM
Oh trust me, nieces aren't necessarily any easier on a bishop's blood pressure than nephews. After all, Jashana started her honeymoon a few months before her planned wedding, but at least, unlike Sextus, she was planning on wedding....

Mother of all storms going overhead and you're *still* here commenting on fanfic?  And that, my friends, is dedication...

Evie

*dies*  Well, no, by that time the worst of it had passed us by, along with several flying monkeys and that house that fell on my sister as she was out riding her bike.  ; D

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

And here was I, thinking that you had merely persuaded dear Denis Arilan to practise his weather working skills and guide the storms safely around you ...  ;D

Evie

Well, no, wish I'd thought of doing that, but I was too busy muttering things to Saint Camber about needing to survive long enough to finish writing this dratted story!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Evie

The view from my DH's office window yesterday late afternoon, as my kids and I were huddled in our basement at home:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9573389@N08/sets/72157626477244945/

--WARNING!!!--

Jerusha

I lived in Oklahoma for four years and in spite of all of the tornado warnings, thankfully never experianced one.  I moved back to northern Ontario and saw one outside of my office window that same summer.  And made sure my kids were safe in the basement at home.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany

AnnieUK

Bizarrely, our house was hit by one when I was about 17 and living in the south of England.  Very scary.  No warning, just darn great BANG as it hit and then water pouring through the roof.  Roof slates everywhere - one through the window of the house opposite.  Would probably have killed anyone if it had hit them.  Petrol pumps up the road sheered off at ground level, and an old Victorian table from our garden (Dad used it for potting on) lifted up and dumped somewhere else.

Elkhound

Quote from: AnnieUK on April 29, 2011, 05:56:42 AM
Bizarrely, our house was hit by one when I was about 17 and living in the south of England. 

I didn't know you had tornados in England.

AnnieUK

Yes, not common but do happen.  Had one in the Midlands couple of years back that did a fair bit of damage.  Nothing to what you get, but a big one for us.

Elkhound

My late godmother, who was an English teacher & a librarian, attributes her love of reading to tornado season.  Her mother would give her a flashlight and a stack of books and send her down celler.