• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 28, 2024, 02:20:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,484
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 107
Total: 107
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

Dhugal

Started by mack, October 05, 2007, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

Just a curious observation.  I read the King Kelson series before I read the Camber series, and it struck me that Rhys is very similar in appearance to Dhugal.  Does anyone know if Dhugal is somehow a descendent of Rhys Thuryn?

Braniana

Yes, he is.  Rhys's daughter Rhysel married Robert Ainsle, and one of their descendants (daughter Tiphane, I think) married Tammeron FitzArthur Quinnell.  A couple generations later, the last female FAQ married a McLain, and Dhugal is a descendant.
It always struck me as interesting how Rhys' looks and healing gift re-emerged.

mack

Hey, thanks.  Another related question then: where did you find that out?

DesertRose

Codex Derynianus, I'd bet.  It's handy for stuff like that.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Shiral

Yup, in the Codex. I don't have mine with me though, and don't remember where the details are.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Braniana

I've got Codex 2 now, but the info is also on the deryni genealogy site.  As my post on the Haldane's deryni blood a while ago attests, I've spent way too much time on that site.

adagiomin

Quote from: Braniana on October 15, 2007, 06:31:23 PM
I've got Codex 2 now, but the info is also on the deryni genealogy site.  As my post on the Haldane's deryni blood a while ago attests, I've spent way too much time on that site.

Braniana, do you have a link you can post to the Deryni genealogy site?  Thanks in advance.

Braniana

www.mindspring.com/~rebldavis/home.html

You can look up a particular person or family, and track things through the generations.  Lots of information there, so you could easily spend hours looking.  Some of the items may be out-of-date, as I think the website was done based off of Codex I, and some things were changed in Codex II.  Hope this helps.

adagiomin

Thanks, Braniana! ;D

Had that link before, but lost it somewhere.  Even if it's not quite up to date, it helps.

AlaricMorgan

Never knew there was a codex! I'm a new member of this forum and I have always loved the Deryni series but couldn't find my copies for several years after first reading them until I found King Kelson's Bride a few months ago, which got me reading again and wanting to update myself on the Deryni happenings.  What's the link for the genealogy?  Is Dhugal a priest-to-be? ???

Shiral

Quote from: AlaricMorgan on July 17, 2008, 07:49:23 PM
Never knew there was a codex! I'm a new member of this forum and I have always loved the Deryni series but couldn't find my copies for several years after first reading them until I found King Kelson's Bride a few months ago, which got me reading again and wanting to update myself on the Deryni happenings.  What's the link for the genealogy?  Is Dhugal a priest-to-be? ???

For the link for the Genealogy, scoll up.

I'm  pretty sure Dhugal is NOT a priest to be, as introducing him and then making him Duncan's son was a way to keep the McLain family from dying out and passing Cassan onto someone else after Duncan's death, since Duncan himself is no longer able to pass on his genes. So it's all up to Dhugal. He also appears to be a  young man who enjoys female companionship  far too much to give it up. 

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Obiwan3

AlaricMorgan,

Check the usual on-line booksellers (Amazon, ABEBooks, etc.)and shop around. Some of the books may be available used, for reduced prices. Covers may be worn, but the stories aren't. HTH