• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 29, 2024, 12:25:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,486
  • Total Topics: 2,721
  • Online today: 224
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228
Google

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

How did I miss this place?

Started by AnnieUK, September 08, 2007, 05:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnnieUK

Hi all! So excited to find this forum!

I was a regular in chat a while back (anyone remember me - probably not), but then I started having to leave for work earlier on Monday mornings and the time difference didn't work for me.

I have to go out, but will be back tomorrow to check everything out. 

One quick question before I go - I notice there's a Deryni film forum.  Is this a "real" (likely to go ahead) film or a hypothetical wouldn't-it-be-nice-if film?  (How excited should I be getting?)

See you later.

Annie

Shiral

It's real in that Katherine truly is trying to work out a film deal for DR. But there hasn't been any new news about it in quite some time. Partially because of her move to the US, I think. She's still getting settled in her new house, so creative work has kind of been on her back burner for a while.

So keep the excitement, but keep it on simmer for the moment.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Obiwan3

Welcome, Annie. Hope this gets your interest levels back up. I sure did mine. I'm re-reading the books.

AnnieUK

Oh my interest levels are pretty much there on a permanent basis!  I reread the Deryni books regularly, especially the Deryni Chronicles as I know them so well now they are like my "comfort books".  Trouble is, my red wine consumption goes up whenever I am reading Deryni - must be the power of suggestion!

Bynw

Welcome back Annie. I do remember you from the chats!  ...
President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

Kelsa

I saw (and commented) in the Film forum not realizing it was REAL - just thought it was a "wishful thinking" sort of thing.  Oh - it would be GREAT to see it in film - but only if it is done to similar quality and dedication as Jackson did on the LOTR films.  I hope it comes to past.  Would love to hear the status and potential is!  Anyone have any news?
Live each day to it's fullest and experience your dreams in the world around you.