• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,558
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 273
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 226
Total: 226
Google
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 02:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Deryni Magic, 2nd ed.--out yet?

Started by Evie, September 23, 2010, 10:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiral

Quote from: AnnieUK on September 24, 2010, 02:07:57 AM
DH has just pointed out that it says on Amazon.co.uk that it is in Spanish, so now I'm even more confused!  Alaric may read military history in Torenthi, but my Spanish isn't up to much!

I can attest that the parts  of  the manuscript I contributed were written in English. Naturally Katherine's were, as well. I don't think Grey Ghost Press publishes in any other language than English. I have a smattering of Spanish as I live in California and Spanish words kind of creep  into local vernacular.  But... I don't know nearly enough Spanish to write a book.  I know--I saw that and think it's weird. Its  another one of the things that raises   my red flags about this record.

Cool thought about whether a Deryni could "translate" documents written in other languages without having to go through the trouble of learning that language first.  What a timesaver! :D

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

Imladris

1st, a blessed Michaelmas to every one.
2nd, I would agree that the term "puppy-dog" would not apply to the picture, but "Puppy" is quite accurate. As a baby seal is a "pup".

Be Safe All.

Imladris

the Bee

Quote from: AnnieUK on September 24, 2010, 02:00:20 AM
Er, Evie, 0/10 on species recognition - that ain't no puppy, my dear!
It's a seal pup, isn't it?  :D

Evie

See, that's what I say, but do they listen?  Heck to the naw!   ;D
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Evie

And yet again, I do an author search on a bookstore's website (this time trying to see what a local retailer might have available), and I find this:

http://site.booksite.com/2533/search-advanced/?familycode=1693344&search=yes

Stop tormenting me!!!!   ;D

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

Quote from: Shiral on September 23, 2010, 02:29:25 PM
Thirdly, I'm the co-author of this book. And I haven't heard a BATSQUEAK from Ann about this manuscript for the last two years, at least. Not letting the author  know the book is expected out in October one month before the supposed release date is enormously suspect, sorry. If for no other reason than I would have expected a lot of correspondence from Ann  in a "can you please fix X Y andZ?" mode; asking my opinion about illustrations, and formatting etc, if the book was truly in a state of preproduction let alone less than a month before publication day.

Melissa
The Bewildered co-Author

Bumping this thread up.

Any further news, Melissa?   Can we help exhume book and author if they have fallen into a deep black hole?  :)      Could we send the Tardis after them?  ;)

Do we dare even hope that we may see it before CM3?   

derynifanatic64

First, we need a phone that has universal roaming.  Then we need the phone number for the Tardis.  We can only hope that the Doctor can help in time.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Evie

Heh.  Reminds me of a bumper sticker I used to have on my car that was based on the old "Federal Express--When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight" advertising slogan.  "Tardis Express--When it absolutely, positively has to be there before you sent it!"   :D

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Alas my dears, no. I haven't had any further word from Ann about Deryni Magic.  At this point, I'm more likely to phone Dial-An-Anviller and put Azim on the task of tracing her. (And doing a pretty deep mind-probe instilling motivational triggers in her mind when he catches up to her.)  But I don't really expect to hear from her.   

I think that record  for it on Amazon.UK was a weird blip on the radar screen. I still don't know A. why it's listed on Amazon.UK when Gray Ghost is a US based publisher, and B. Why the language is listed as Spanish, and both raise red flags witih me.  To ad insult to injury, they've got my name misspelled on the cover image, although that's the least of my worries at this point. But I believe we'll see CM 3 a long time before we get Deryni Magic 2.

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

lenni

No good news on the Deryni Magic, 2nd ed. news front.

Back in August 2012, I found Grey Ghost Games (aka Ann) on Facebook and posted a query. She got back to me this past Tuesday. Here is the Facebook URL.
https://www.facebook.com/greyghostgames/posts/10151306595614985?comment_id=24458306&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment

If that link does not work for you, here is what I asked:
"Do you have any idea when _Deryni Magic_ will be coming out?"

Here is what she replied:
"I ran out of resources before I could get that to print. There's a possibility I may be able to release it in .pdf format but unfortunately it wouldn't been soon...."

I just responded with:
"Thanks. If the missing resources are money, may I suggest crowd funding such as Kickstarter.com or Indiegogo.com? Either way (paper or electronic), sign me up!"

Kathleen

Evie

Yes, something like Kickstarter might be a great way to go.  The Second Life city of New Babbage managed to fund a first edition of a short story anthology written by several of the city's residents that way, and I've heard they are working on a second collection now.  (Or perhaps it's already in print; I haven't checked lately.)

--WARNING!!!--