• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

March 19, 2024, 12:24:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,465
  • Total Topics: 2,719
  • Online today: 15
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 11
Total: 11
Bing

Latest Shout

DerynifanK

March 17, 2024, 03:48:44 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day. Enjoy the one day of the year when the whole world is Irish.

I was waiting for . . .

Started by Curlytop, September 22, 2010, 03:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curlytop

. . . Makróry to come on stage. The name caught my attention while reading KKB - presented as a minor character, a "count's son". What is the significance of the name, I wonder - any connection back to St.C Himself? He has no real part in KKB, so perhaps for a sequel?

Evie

Both branches of the family descend from Rhori Mor Prince of Kheldour.  One branch produced Lords Ballard and Angus, who were with Prince Festil when he invaded Gwynedd in 822 and were rewarded with the Earldom of Culdi (Ballard first, then Angus after Ballard died without male heirs), and the other branch remained in Torenth.  The current representative of the family there is Rhori MacRhori Count Cullanan (or in Torenthi, "Rory Makrory Count Kulnan).  (Greatly summarized synopsis from the "MacRorie, House of" entry in the Codex Derynianus.  Marvelous book, if you can find a copy.  I got mine as a used but almost new condition find from Amazon.com)
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

The "Codex" is a wealth of information on the Deryni world and is definitely worth buying.
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Evie

And if you decide to write Deryni fanfic, the Codex is your very best friend, when it doesn't make you want to throw it against the wall while swearing loudly.   ;D  (Those maps!  ARGH!!!  Where the heck is Byzantyun!!!)

--WARNING!!!--

Alkari

Or screaming because you find there are two places named 'Carthane' on the maps - and that Corwyn is spelled as 'Corwin' ...

AnnieUK

Evie

Maybe she felt she didn't get it right the first time.   ;)

--WARNING!!!--

Shiral

Quote from: Evie on September 22, 2010, 10:32:10 PM
And if you decide to write Deryni fanfic, the Codex is your very best friend, when it doesn't make you want to throw it against the wall while swearing loudly.   ;D  (Those maps!  ARGH!!!  Where the heck is Byzantyun!!!)

Off the Eastern edge of the map....

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!