• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,566
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 206
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 176
Total: 176
Bing (2)
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 23, 2024, 01:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Queen's Return

Started by Elkhound, May 25, 2010, 09:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elkhound

Some of you may also be fans of Narnia; if so, you need to read this.  I could almost believe that Lewis returned from Beyond and gave this story to the author:
http://honorh.livejournal.com/226358.html

AnnieUK

What a lovely story. It has made me quite tearful.

Elkhound

So many people were angry at Lewis for leaving Susan out of The Last Battle.  And so many of them seem to have missed the point.  Just because Susan didn't join her siblings in the new paradise then didn't mean that she would never do so.  Still less the idea that some writer--I forget who--that a young girl is damned by growing up and becoming a woman.  In "A Horse & His Boy" Queen Susan is shown as a young adult woman perfectly willing to accept a suitable suitor---and fully capable of rejecting an unsuitable one.

"Once a King or Queen in Narnia," said Aslan, "always a King or Queen in Narnia."  When you remember that, you will know that Susan will find her way back.  At the end of "The Last Battle" she is a young woman who has lost her parents and siblings in a massive railroad disaster;  which is very sad, but such things happen.  We don't know what happens to her after that, but as in this world we have to have faith in the Creator, so in a fantasy world we must have faith in the Subcreator that things will work themselves out in time.

Evie

How wonderfully beautiful, and so full of grace.  Thank you for sharing that link!
"In necessariis unitas, in non-necessariis libertas, in utrisque caritas."

--WARNING!!!--
I have a vocabulary in excess of 75,000 words, and I'm not afraid to use it!

derynifanatic64

We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

Jerusha

Well done and well crafted.
From ghoulies and ghosties and long-leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night...good Lord deliver us!

-- Old English Litany