• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,560
  • Total Topics: 2,732
  • Online today: 418
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 381
Total: 381
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 19, 2024, 09:47:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wishing there were 21 century Deryni Healers

Started by vajewa, September 05, 2009, 06:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vajewa

I know this is probably not the correct forum for this news but I thought I would let you all know that on 08/24/09 I was admitted to the hospital with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. :o  Have undergone chemotherapy :P and now it's a waiting game to see if my body will generate healthy blood cells.  Wonder if a Deryni healer in this century might be able to tackle this kind of a healing?  ???

john

Prayers that all will be well. And that you may have a speedy recovery.  Healing powers would be great.
pax,
John McLaughlin

Shiral

Quote from: john on September 05, 2009, 06:48:57 PM
Prayers that all will be well. And that you may have a speedy recovery.  Healing powers would be great.
pax,
John McLaughlin

I'm really sorry to hear of your diagnosis, Valentius. That's rough.  Wishing your blood cells the best of luck at regenerating, and good luck to you!

As to Healers now.. I suppose as in modern medicine, the earlier the disease was detected, the better the prognosis for recovery. But once a tumor was discovered, I'm sure a Healer's method of dealing with it would be a lot less traumatic for the patient than chemotherapy!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!

DesertRose

Yeesh, Valentius.  Sending you healing energies and good thoughts.

My maternal grandmother had some form of leukemia but I don't remember which subtype.  My advice from my memories of her treatment is EAT.  Whatever appeals to you and will stay down, eat it.  A nurse threatened my grandmother with Ensure to make her eat.  My grandmother told her that she couldn't drink Ensure when she was healthy (let alone just coming off chemo), but if the nurse would bring her a small bowl of vanilla ice cream and a can of Coke, she'd eat that.  So the nurse did, and my grandmother did her thing of pouring a little Coke over the ice cream and eating the resulting foam (never seen anyone else before or since do that) until the Coke and ice cream were gone.  Another thing she could stand to eat was peanut butter cups, so I started buying her really good peanut butter cups from a chocolate shop (near my college/uni campus) so she wouldn't have to live on Reese's.  Point being, even if it's totally weird and completely goes against everything you've ever learned about nutrition, EAT something.

Best wishes for a swift return to good health.
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

vajewa

Hey Folks,

Just thought I'd drop in and let you know that my leukemia is in remission and I am doing several rounds of chemotherapy to ensure that it stays in remission.  If everything continues to go well :), I may be able to go back to work in the spring. Didn't think I'd ever be chomping at the bit to go to a job. :o Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Valentius

Shiral

Glad to hear the news, Valentius. I hope things continue to look up and that your health continues to improve!

Melissa
You can have a sound mind in a healthy body--Or you can be a nanonovelist!