• Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz.

Recent

Latest Shout

Bynw

April 18, 2024, 02:50:31 PM
Jerusha. Sure can
Members
  • Total Members: 174
  • Latest: Brion
Stats
  • Total Posts: 27,569
  • Total Topics: 2,733
  • Online today: 364
  • Online ever: 930
  • (January 20, 2020, 11:58:07 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187
Welcome to The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz. Please login.

April 25, 2024, 07:42:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Is it just me?

Started by DesertRose, August 02, 2009, 08:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesertRose

...or do we have a LOT of cat people on this board?

I was just perusing the Fur Kids gallery and the overwhelming majority of the photos are of cats.

Only due to my relative youth and the fact that I share my home with other humans am I not a Crazy Cat Lady, so I have no problem with cat people at all; it just seems like the world of the Deryni attracts cat lovers.  I wonder why that is?  Maybe because KK herself is a cat person?
"If having a soul means being able to feel love, loyalty, and gratitude, then animals are better off than a lot of humans."

James Herriot (James Alfred "Alfie" Wight), when a human client asked him if animals have souls.  (I don't remember in which book the story originally appeared.)

Mak

I have a dog, too!  :)  But, yes, definitely cat people here.  Currently three- Mama Jasmine and 2 of her daughters, Amber and Ginger.  Come mid-October, when things settle down here again, we will be looking for another to add to the family.  Not to replace the two (14 year old Max and 15 year old Tuxedo- my best buddy kitty) we lost within a month of each other this summer.  They can't be replaces.  But there is a hole in the family right now, and so many that need good homes.
-Mak

Bynw

Yes DesertRose I think it is due to Her Self being a cat person she just naturally attracts fans who are also cat people.

Just remember cats rule and dogs drool. :)

President pro tempore of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Fan Club
IRC Administrator of #Deryni_Destinations
Discord Administrator of The Worlds of Katherine Kurtz Discord
Administrator https://www.rhemuthcastle.com

derynifanatic64

Cats are beautiful creatures who are the rulers of their domain, wherever it may be.  Sadly I am very allergic to cats and unable to have one as a companion.  Oh well!
We will never forget the events of 9-11!!  USA!! USA!!

BalanceTheEnergies

I just posted a few pics of Wimsey & Morshi (my yellow tabby and grey medium-hair tabby, respectively). Wimsey and I are once again disputing the territory of my keyboard tray, so I wonder if the pics ended up in the right gallery. If not, please accept my apologies.